Direct X for MacOSX

delux_www

61 posts in this topic

How the hell did you figure out how to get a working hackintosh going? Sorry but that question... just.... I am sorry!

• Like 5

You need windows to play windows games. You need mac to play mac games. End of story.... Why did you try mac, if you didn't know anything that simple? Or did you word the question wrong, because I take back everything that I said if that is the case. Mac games don't require DirectX. That's for Windows only as far as I know.

for games on mac:

native mac games? usually cant play online vs windows players and they are released later and all that...

using windows binaries:

parallels? only allocates 64megs of graphics memory max and directx 8.1 support max. crashes heaps and {censored}.

wine? no opengl support for wine on MacOS. bug with mac X11. they are working on it aparently.

crossover? has custom X11 that works, but uses old wine versions and is hard to customize. but does work sometimes :)!

-----

All of the above? involve mucking around and wasting time.

Best solution? I tried all of the above, and decided to put in another hdd and dual boot with windows. only solution that doesn't involve wasting tonnes of time.