Finally Wireless networking!

PLDRAGON

110 posts in this topic

I think the issue here with the tip suggested at the begining of this post is that it dosen't take into consideration there are pc with both an ethernet port and a wifi. so simply changing en0 to en1 won;t work.

Any suggestions??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Can't get the Airport icon to show up! I did use all the steps, and deleted the two cache files. My card is a Belkin Wireless G Plus Desktop card (F5D7001), version 1323. I would think that I have the 4318 chip like crick. My problem is I edited the Airport2.kext and I think that might have messed it up. Nevertheless I deleted the Airport2.kext before I delete the cache so it should be back to the standard file. My broadcom.kext in the IO802....kext currently has the following lines:

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

I deleted the two cache files and I repaired permissions. My question what do I need to do in terminal once I overwrite IO8...kext?

I can sudo kextload the BRCM.kext but the Airport2.kext always fails and says that a supperclass has been changed and to run kextload with -t for diagnostics...when i type kextload -t and the path of airport2.kext nothing happens though!

Thanks rp

HII

my laptop is aspire 5612 dual core

i installed 10.4.6 ist very fast .grafic card working,

I have problem audio and wireles.

wireles card.intel PRO 3945ABG this working?

Ok. I have a different laptop, but I have dual core, 10.4.6 with audio and wireless issues, and the intel pro 3945ABG set. I'm playing around with some things right now, I'll let you know what happens seeing as we've got the same thing in different cases lol

(inspiron 6400)

Ive actually also got a Broadcom 440x Any suggestions on how to get that to work would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, need some help here :P

I have managed to make my IO80211family.kext corrupt in some way. Maby because of kismac.

So i need to know about a place to download a fresh one. Or if some of you have one i can have :D

Can i just copy the new one in or am i looking at yet another reinstall :angry:

-SleepO

Guys, thanks so much for pointing this out. YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!

I screwed my OS X install editing my boot record and screwed my HD. I have now done a full native install (no VMWare) and wireless was detected during boot and setting up users etc but once I restarted the network was not found and I had no net access.

All I did was set en0 to en1 and integer from 0 to 1 and BAM!

Network Preferences wizard and AirPort was highlighted and detected. Thanks sooo much.

Good work!

• 4 months later...

OH MY GOD! Thank you so much!!!

It totally works on ferrari 3200 - at first I thought it didn't because I read somewhere that the device id was 4306 but then I checked in windows and it said 4320 and now it works! :D

I'm running 10.4.7 with wi-fi working super duper.

So..... Anyone wanna buy my D-link DWL-G122? :D

Thanks man, I have the Broadcom 14E4,4320

Added it to the list, changed the NetworkInterfaces.plist and now I'm online with my AirportCard :D

Laptop = Acer Ferrari 3200LMI.

Hi, just noticed that you also have an ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 video card. How were you able to get your resolution to be 1600x1200? My Inspiron 9200 should be 1440x900 but I cannot get it to be at that resolution. My profile says that my driver is ok with QE and CI supported.

• 3 weeks later...

Add another card to compatibility list: Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster

After I got 10.4.5 recognized my Linksys PCI Wireless-G card installed and detected it as Airport by going through this entire thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=13430

I also had to tweak it a little to get it connected as described in this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=10749

Now I have working wireless connection. Thanks

I beleive my Linksys card also uses Broadcom chipset and its hardware id is PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320.....

My Info.plist in IO8011Family.kext as...

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

<string>pci14e4,4306</string>

<string>pci14e4,4301</string>

</array>

Not working for me, I have a seimens speedstream wireless card, with a broadcom 4301 chip and nothing i've tried gets it to detect. I also dont see any cards listed in system profiler under "PCI Cards" do you think this is related?

by the way, i found this resource for finding out chipset/vender ids and such. Maybe it will be of some help to someone

http://linux-wless.passys.nl/

Wireless PCI cards:

Trendnet TEW-443PI (Atheros chipset) works with IO8011Family.kext from 10.4.5 but NOT with same kext from 10.4.6 JAS install. Interestingly, I had previously installed the Ralink USB driver for USB networking and this kext interferred with the functioning of the IO8011Family.kext. When I installed the IO8011Family.kext from 10.4.5, the PCI card was recognized but it would not receive a signal. This occured after several reinstall attemps. However, after I removed the Ralink kext, the Trendnet PCI card worked perfectly.

I believe that a prediction of which Atheros cards work can be made on the basis of results of the Linux MadWifi driver (see http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility ). This Linux driver is for the Atheros chipset.

Wireless PCI cards:

Trendnet TEW-443PI (Atheros chipset) works with IO8011Family.kext from 10.4.5 but NOT with same kext from 10.4.6 JAS install. Interestingly, I had previously installed the Ralink USB driver for USB networking and this kext interferred with the functioning of the IO8011Family.kext. When I installed the IO8011Family.kext from 10.4.5, the PCI card was recognized but it would not receive a signal. This occured after several reinstall attemps. However, after I removed the Ralink kext, the Trendnet PCI card worked perfectly.

I believe that a prediction of which Atheros cards work can be made on the basis of results of the Linux MadWifi driver (see http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility ). This Linux driver is for the Atheros chipset.

can you post the kext from 10.4.5 that works for you. I also installed the ralink drivers (for a usb dongle that is now broken :) ) so maybe thats an issue for me aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any change to get this working?

Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G USB Network Adapter:

Version: 0.06

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Product ID: 0x7051

Serial Number: 8057

Vendor ID: 0x050d

it's a broadcom chipset, but the adaptor is not of the pci type.

• 2 months later...

I know I'm bumping an old post, but I wanted to document that I got my Broadcom 4306 card working in 10.4.8 using this method. I edited the kext to only include the 4320 and 4306 lines (took out all the other PCI device ID lines). Works like a charm for me.

• 1 month later...
I have a usb adapter made by linksys (WUSB54GS v2.1). System profiler says the manufacturer is broadcom. Vendor ID is 13b1 and product ID is 0014. Any hope for me?

Yes i know this thread is very old.. but i second this demand becuz me too i have this wireless card and it says that the chip is from Broadcom

Can anyone help us with this please, a solution for the WUSB54GS card is very needed

This "trick" works for a variety of wireless cards besides Broadcom based ones. Did the job for my Atheros-based D-Link adapter as well!

A $20 AirPort Express! ;)

wat kink of d-link you have please list the step on the d-link for me please

Can someone please post or pm me (ektaone at yahoo.com) 10.4.5 IONetworkingFamily.kext. I am stuck with my dell Draft N wireless card not working with jaS 10.4.8 kext and need to replace it with 10.4.5 kext. Thanks.

I had a similar problem with broadcom wireless devices, there is a program you can google called PCISCAN

it is a dos program , so boot of a cd or something into a dos prompt and run it, it will give you the MFR id=14E4 (broadcom) but with the corrected device id,

I have to use this program regularly in the windows world building new packet drivers for ghost. and it works every time.

hi thanks for your post.

Nothing seems to work. I still can't get OS X to recognize the wireless card. I have an IBM X31 with a Cisco MiniPCI built-in wireless card (according to the lenovo support site).

Product: ThinkPad X31 2672-CXU [change]

Operating system: All [change]

Original description: P M 1.4GHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 12.1 XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD, Modem(CDC), 10/100 Ethernet(LOM), Cisco 802.11b wireless(MPCI), Secure chip (TCPA), Li-Ion battery, WinXP Pro

Does anybody know if how to get this card to work? Any clue will be highly appreciated. Thanks.