FINALLY! FL STUDIO IN MAC OS X!

Daft_Punk

21 posts in this topic

Btw, to get this apple symbol: , type shift+alt+k. you can only see it in mac os x.

So anyway!

I finally got FL Studio 8 (Demo) to work in Mac with crossover. It was really simple, i tryed running it with a win2000 bottle, but it didnt work so i used these:

Crossover 7

winxp bottle

FL Studio 8 Demo Installer (.exe)

And it just worked!

Theyr wer a few problems like the random "error 1400(or 1600) cannot read from access" or something like that.

But it works!

I havent tested ASIO4All v2, but I'm think that wont work because it uses a windows type driver to build off of, or something :huh:

The point is, it works! And not like VMware Fusion speed, but full native speed!

yay!!! now i have elimaneted a reason to still use windows. woohoo! On to making more techno and club loops!

:yoji:

• 6 months later...

Hi all!

Just for the record, I have Fl studio 8 running on LEO4ALL V2!!!

Now to figure out how to import my license (.reg file) to get the full version running...

It uses the sound device you set by default in the OSX preferences - I hope to add an extra interface so I can stream audio between fruity and protools :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Daftpunk for the hint! I would never have dreamed to see the day!

n607621564_2161516_1148.jpg

Btw, to get this apple symbol: , type shift+alt+k. you can only see it in mac os x.

So anyway!

I finally got FL Studio 8 (Demo) to work in Mac with crossover. It was really simple, i tryed running it with a win2000 bottle, but it didnt work so i used these:

Crossover 7

winxp bottle

And it just worked!

Theyr wer a few problems like the random "error 1400(or 1600) cannot read from access" or something like that.

But it works!

I havent tested ASIO4All v2, but I'm think that wont work because it uses a windows type driver to build off of, or something :huh:

The point is, it works! And not like VMware Fusion speed, but full native speed!

yay!!! now i have elimaneted a reason to still use windows. woohoo! On to making more techno and club loops!

;)

• 5 months later...

use RUN COMMAND from Crossover icon : locate Regedit.exe in your Bottle then select RUN

then simply import .reg file !!!!!

:(

i guess just a .reg file isn't enough. i think there are 2 files to overwrite... but you have to find them by yourself... :s

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So anyway!

Crossover 7

winxp bottle

And it just worked!

But it works!

:yoji:

could you clarify or more fully explain how to get the apple symbol...i am a newbie and was reviewing posts so that i can get my required 5 replies in order to start a new thread and noticed your "btw". really cool but i don't understand

• 1 month later...
could you clarify or more fully explain how to get the apple symbol...i am a newbie and was reviewing posts so that i can get my required 5 replies in order to start a new thread and noticed your "btw". really cool but i don't understand

Hold down an alt key and then press the A key (while holding down alt.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I downloaded Crossover then downloaded Flstudio 9.1 and went back to Crossover Software Installer and selected everything as mentioned earlier but for the 'select application' part what do i select? theres no flstudio option.. im very new to all of this and very confused but very desperate to get flstudio running

the help will be most appreciated! :D

• 7 months later...