• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Pinturikkio

Pinturikkio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Well, back from surgery. I have a lot of catching up to do. The installer is one of my priorities, as well as my DVD release. I've been on meds that make me sleep all week. I will begin working on Beta 2 again this week, and hope to have it completed very very soon. Thanks to all who have been watching this post, and those who wished me luck on my surgery. I've now got 8 screws, and a metal plate in my leg. ( Woohoo for cybernetic aftermarket upgrades! )

Hi dev!
I'm so glad that u're working for us! -_-

I've got a 8600M GT and both NVKush and NVinstaller v.52 works on 10.5.4 :( No QE/CI -_-

I downloaded EFI Studio cause someone resolve the QE problem but...there is no 8600M GT support...

So i hope u'll do it for me and for us :D

Thx a lot

arnold38

arnold38

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
hey I know my card is old FX5500 but I am not quite good into adding stuff manually, so I would be glad if mine is inclluded too in the new version

Panshie

Panshie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi, work great on my 8800GTS 320MB. The only probles is that is 320MB and not 640MB. I used GFX string before and only read 256MB of VRAM, but never could make it read 320MB.
What really eat my brain is not been able to use the TV/Out, it only works if I detach my monitor and turn on the PC, but when it have to load de desktop it stop working. is there any way I can fix that? I don't ask you to go and find me an answer, just give me a push in the right direction if you have an idea and I try to get things working. There are several people who have the same problem in leopard, but I could not find a solution yet. Thank you very much.

By the way, I have a Q6600 on a P5K-E and everithing working great (Kalyway 10.5.2)

Bloodworth

Bloodworth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I've tried your package, and now instead of the system hanging after loading nvidia stuffs, I get a message in multiple languages that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." even after restarting/cold booting several times. To me this seems like progress get my card to finally work, though this certainly won't do. I've got a 8800gts 320MB (MSI OC), and I selected the 8800gts option when I installed. If anyones knows if there's something I can do, your help would be appreciated. Meanwhile I'll wait for version beta 2 of this and try again...

@Panshie
I believe I read somewhere that Mac only supports 2 outputs per card, so you can either have 2 DVI outs or 1 DVI outs and 1 tv out, but you have to mess with the nvcaps and such and then I believe that the tv out ends up being the primary/first display? I may be wrong, someone with more knowledge can feel free to correct me.

HawgGuy

HawgGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I have an Nvidia 8500GT with 256 VRAM. The program works well, but System Profiler now shows -712 MB VRAM

Attached Files

bluesy

bluesy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I have a small update for you, i just installed the new iatkos 10.5.4 on my test drive, then your efi gfx string, it allmost worked, it sees the card, but no qe/ci support and wrong resolution

this is a 3870x2 device id 950F

Now i have to figure out this small last part, and then i just might install it on the main drive :hysterical:

solidus636

solidus636

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
8600 GTS works.

does anyone know how to enable the qf/xe or w/e the heck it is...?

MaDxCrEaM

MaDxCrEaM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Attached File  ioreg.txt   11KB   43 downloads sapphire ATI Raedon X1950 256 MB device id 0x7244:

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

8600 GTS works.

does anyone know how to enable the qf/xe or w/e the heck it is...?

If it works, then why are you asking how to enable CI/QE stuff?

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi i'll post up my X3100 EDID and IOREG once i bootup mac as a EFI string my be better then the kexts!

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hope this will help out! Raw EDID data from X3100 on 0x2a02 0x003 and Ioreg complete dump as command on forum didn't work!

Attached Files

Rackball

Rackball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Try "ioreg -p IODeviceTree -n display@0 -r -l -t > ioreg.txt"

will do thank you

update: still nothing :C

H.I.T

H.I.T

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I have a small update for you, i just installed the new iatkos 10.5.4 on my test drive, then your efi gfx string, it allmost worked, it sees the card, but no qe/ci support and wrong resolution

this is a 3870x2 device id 950F

Now i have to figure out this small last part, and then i just might install it on the main drive :P

Can you show me more detaily how to install 3870x2 ?
I've iAtkos 10.5.4 and Sapphire 3870x2 .

Now i have to figure out this small last part, and then i just might install it on the main drive
<<< what does it mean :D

Thx in advance !!!

bluesy

bluesy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
i have found a way to install the 3870x2 with 10.5.4 unfortunally its not efi :(

Install leopard graphic update and then 3870x2pkg.pkg that is all around and then its running smoothly

alexcooltranquille

alexcooltranquille

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts
GMA 950 Works :( thx.
10.5.4 / MSI Wind

MTZeon

MTZeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'll post later string for PowerColor ATI X1950PRO AGP 256MB. Thanks for the tool :tomato:

Lionzheart

Lionzheart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Out of desperation to make my NVIDIA 8400M G work I actually installed GFXStrings.pkg under 8500 GT. Now external display works are a long boot(7 to 8 mins). However, Internal display does not work at all...

How can I either make my internal display work or uninstall the whole package all together?

Thanks

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

I am sorry I have not worked on this this week. I have surgery on my leg tomorrow, and will continue to work on it a day or two after that. The next version will support over 50 cards, and should cover all the cards you all have posted IORegs for.

Wish me luck!

/dev/zero

hello wish you luck
finally i can have ioreg in vaio with 8600m gt 512 actually no driver or efi string give internal screen with qe/ci
wich you can have success thanks

Attached Files

MTZeon

MTZeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Here's mine

Powercolor X1950pro AGP 256MB dual DVI

Not working right now :( wish the EFI string fixes this... tried every driver there was (Broynia, Jccools, ...) and none of them worked...

Attached Files

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Hello is anybody on there ?
Is there any hope finding solution for vaio user with this current app?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy