[Solution] Unknown AHCI, Orange Disk Icons in 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 for Intel and JMicron

Gujal

152 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
you probably meant you hotswap external drives connected via esata, but marked as internal. right?

or do you actually open the case and replace your internal sata drive?

and yes, i could UNmount esata drives with blockstorage fix as well, but if i then plugged another drive in the same esata port - it wouldn't mount (needs to be connected on boot)

well, at least it didn't work for me, and judging by Info.plist inside the LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext - it shouldn't for anyone.

Hello, I was surprised how much false information is floating around concerning this REALLY important issue with eSata and hotswap... as the AHCI-injectors with Chameleon 2 RC do not seem to work so well for me. I used to have perfect hot-swap (yes, un-mounting and re-mounting on the same port WORKED, in the "old days" of 10.5.3... now with hidden-efi booting and the provided injectors this functionality is GONE.

Does anybody really know what the bottom line is with 9r or 10r controllers and which kext/injectors will work for hot-swap??? I would be very grateful....

hiside, ninetto