New Security Update for Intel Macs

cavemonkey50

83 posts in this topic

Installed with Maxxuss patch. Same result -- no error generated on package install (contrary to Maxxuss warning).

Seems to be working okay -- so far.

P4HT 3Ghz Dell 8300

I got the error in VMware but no error on native.

I didn't get an error either (I was in native at the time...). I think Maxxuss just uses VMWare alot becuase it saves time rebooting etc..

However, I don't have the problem where you can't scroll over google ads. I hovered the cursor over one, and I was able to scroll. I used the 10.4.4/5 PrePatched DVD. I did have a problem with scrolling which I fixed though. I had to replace a load of kernel extension files that were moved to a new folder the Security Update made. If you want more details of what I did: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...165entry69214 (Scroll down to post #165).

However, I don't have the problem where you can't scroll over google ads. I hovered the cursor over one, and I was able to scroll. I used the 10.4.4/5 PrePatched DVD. I did have a problem with scrolling which I fixed though. I had to replace a load of kernel extension files that were moved to a new folder the Security Update made. If you want more details of what I did: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...165entry69214 (Scroll down to post #165).

Interesting. That Extension_10.4.5_Disabled folder does not exist on my installation. Do you happen to know what extensions were contained in it? I have backups of my 10.4.5 and 10.4.4 extensions which I'd like to try and see if I can narrow down the problem.

Interesting. That Extension_10.4.5_Disabled folder does not exist on my installation. Do you happen to know what extensions were contained in it? I have backups of my 10.4.5 and 10.4.4 extensions which I'd like to try and see if I can narrow down the problem.

That's odd caveman. I have the same MOBO that you have and I have that folder that SABR is talking about. I cannot scroll over google adds either. I will try what SABR did to see if that cures my problem. Now in regards to you not having the Extension_10.4.5_Disabled folder, did you install using the myzar patched dvd? Did you do a clean install or did you upgrade your 10.4.3 using this dvd?

By the way, can you scroll over these adds using any other browser? I am going to try the opera 9 beta and firefox to see what happens.

UPDATE: Not a problem with FireFOx. Could not test with Opera's latest beta because it won't load pages...don't know why. It is beta so maybe it only works on real IntelMacs only.

There is a new posting on maxxuss blog. It has the new patch for this security update

Two new fun releases: I’ve prepared the patch for the Mac OS X 10.4.5 Security Update. The installation is quite easy. And there’s a new Skype patch available (as already noted in the posting below), along with an updated article - the original patch would make Skype unstable; this is fixed now.

go check it out ;)

That's odd caveman. I have the same MOBO that you have and I have that folder that SABR is talking about. I cannot scroll over google adds either. I will try what SABR did to see if that cures my problem. Now in regards to you not having the Extension_10.4.5_Disabled folder, did you install using the myzar patched dvd? Did you do a clean install or did you upgrade your 10.4.3 using this dvd?

By the way, can you scroll over these adds using any other browser? I am going to try the opera 9 beta and firefox to see what happens.

UPDATE: Not a problem with FireFOx. Could not test with Opera's latest beta because it won't load pages...don't know why. It is beta so maybe it only works on real IntelMacs only.

I installed using the real Maxxuss method. No patched DVD for me.

Also, I can scroll over the ads with any other browser.