Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

1.2b0 (BETA) worked like a charm on my SB audigy 2 SB0090. Thanks a lot for your hard work and dedication.

PS: I did have to restart the computer and plug it into a different PCI slot before the driver started working, just a heads up if it doesn't work for you, you might want to try that. On my friends Audigy 2 plat, it worked right out of the box without even restarting.

Awesome work guys!

Guest ѕиоѡ

Holy smokes, I just tried the 1.1b0 since the latest release gave me kernel panics and I got 5.1 working which is a big plus because now I have only one more use for Windows which is playing games.

I have just tested between onboard (ALC889A) and Audigy and the quality difference is amazing. I have to say though I'm running straight out the Audigy to my 5400 speakers and line out from the onboard to line in 5400 speakers.

The sound has a lot more dynamics and punch.

Thx to all who made this possible cause to be honest I thought they could never pull something off like this.

Respect!

Update: One issue here that forces me into using the onboard audio again is the wake up from sleep without audio. If Eugene could get the power management working properly without having to set S1 as sleep mode this would be a keeper for sure.

Guest ѕиоѡ

Use 1.1b0 if you are using S1 as sleep mode. this driver works flawless for me with just slight clipping (distortion) in some apps but that is fixed by turning down the volume of the app.

Hi,

My system can't shut down propperly after installing sound drivers 1.2b0 on Kalyway 10.5.2

It just goes to sleep instead and all fans are still on. Have to manually shut it down with power button.

Any help there?

Another question...I how can I remove these drivers from system completely?

Thanks.

Hi,

My system can't shut down propperly after installing sound drivers 1.2b0 on Kalyway 10.5.2

It just goes to sleep instead and all fans are still on. Have to manually shut it down with power button.

Any help there?

Another question...I how can I remove these drivers from system completely?

Thanks.

Included with the drivers you have a file uninstall. Just run it on the terminal :)

Hmm...

Seems like shutdown problem there is caused by .kext file in extensions directory. Uninstall in terminal doesn't help and does not remove the file (if I'm not doing something wrong). If I manually remove .kext system reverts back to normal shutdown...

Any ideas about how to get the driver and shutdown working together?

Same problem as Peles My system can't shut down It just goes to sleep instead. Im using iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3. If I uninstall the kext works again ok.

any idea?

i have tryed lastest driver and 1.1b0

10.5.5 vanilla kernel

Mobo: ASUS P5W Deluxe

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz

Memory: 4GB DDR2 667 MHz

GFX: 8800 GTX

Sound: Working using Audigy

Hi there, i'm glad there are finaly drivers for SB cards :)

Got one question, is it possible to change the cutoff frequency (routing low frequencies to bass speaker only & mid-high to mediums) ?

Cheers

Will test as soon as I can.

Ok, I've set the ACPI 2.0 to off, and so far so good. This is a random kernel panic, so i'll wait and see if anything comes up.

[EDIT] Been already an hour, and so far so good.

My setup works great with ACPI turned off, but when I try to shut the system down it doesn't go down completely. OS X quits and then the system keeps running without displaying anything on the monitor.

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this ? If I turn ACPI back on I get random kernel panics.

:wallbash: Its time to do the math again (as we've done the math earlier here),

(Earlier response from kX Project) (-) (New waiting response from kX Project) (=) (Guess everyone) :P

This post will be deleted in few days... but I tell you, I'm one happy dude if kX starts supporting new hardwares and gets better, because when we think of future mobos, they're pretty much without PCI slots and more with PCI Express...

Yes, but the difference is Creative is now releasing their source code with documentation. :(

Anyway, I am very happy with my non-FX Audigy 2 and will never upgrade anyway unless it breaks.

Hi all !

I'm running a hackintosh based on kalyway updated to Leopard 10.5.5.

My card is an Audigy 2 ZS. I've installed the drivers 1.2b0 but i can see just this in the dmesg:

--------

kXAudioDevice[0x4364000]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.2b0

kXAudioDevice[0x4364000]::initHardware(0x38fa480)

kXAudioDevice[0x4364000]::free()

kXAudioDevice[0x4364000]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

--------

And this is the output from the utility:

--------

raids-mac-pro:~ raid$ kxctrl -reset

kX Driver Control Program

Copyright ? Eugene Gavrilov, 2001-2008. All rights reserved.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by

the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or

(at your option) any later version.

Bus error

--------

Previously, to use my onboard realtek audio card ( asus p5b mobo) I've used Azalia drivers modifing the plist file with the right VID and it's worked fine. Now I've disabled the onboard audio and i'm trying to use the Audigy...

Can anyone that has an Audigy 2 ZS help me a little bit with the 1.20b drivers ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Raid.

I've Audigy 2 ZS however I never got such error, infact I've not seen anyone else with A2ZS reporting such error earlier. I see that you've already posted to BUG report page so, the best response you should expect is only from "E" :) Other then this, can you provide some more details @ DriverHeaven thread...

1. Earlier versions were working on your system? (have you tried earlier versions? see my signature for download links)

2. Disabled and Uninstalled OnBoard sound cards??? (Tried CleanInstall?)

3. "BUS Error", did you try disabling various other devices from BIOS which can conflicts with A2ZS? (ACPI too? to stop freezing?)

4. Your sound works on XP/Vist???? (and with kX drivers for Windows???)

5. Have you installed all ICHx and BUS related stuff in OSX setup? (Have you read first page properly?)

When I say first page, NOT just first post! :D Specially READ the post made by Eugene (3rd or 4th post maybe), when he talks about recognising BUS, what does he mean? is this related to you in anyway? No if you're not having notebook but then which files are responsible to help your A2Zs recognised by OSX? ask youself :)

Hi Oxtie,

thanks for the answer.

1) I've tried 1.1 with the same results.

2) What do you mean with a CleanInstall ? Reinstalling mac os x ? If you mean this, I didn't tried but I didn't installed anything, the Azalia drivers was already installed on my system...

3) I'll try...

4) for sure ! I have the creative drivers and I'm using it daily...

5) I'll look for this...

I'll keep you informed :)

Thanks...

UPDATE:

Hi Oxtie,

I've tried disabling ACPI APIC support but macosx won't boot... ACPI 2.0 support is always disabled.

I didn't find any ICHx and BUS stuff on this forum or driversheaven...am I missing something ?

I don't know much about kalyway however, I've loved "JaS Client Server 10.5.4" beautiful build! When setup starts, There is a button "Customize" etc (depending on distro) and you'll see many options (Select the "Intel-ICHx" chipset. If you're using IDE disks choose "AppleIntelPIIXATA" under plugins and "Intel ICH and PIIX Controller" under device identification.), StageXNU is also kewl cool :)

EDIT: Also, when you're in those setup options, you should uncheck Azalia (just to avoid conflicts). These are for Intel CPUs for AMD I'm not sure... (don't have it). BTW, clean install is yes ReInstall (with format where no old data exist to conflict with new installation)

EDIT2: Another question popped in my head, If you've updated to 10.5.5, did you try to install these drivers in 10.5.4 or below? meaning before upgrading? (you never know what created this issue of yours but in general its first of it's kind :) )

I've installed the drivers just on 10.5.5 because I found that I can't hear anything :)

I've installed also "lspci" and this is the output:

----

05:02.0 Class ffff: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev ff)

05:02.2 Class ffff: Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port (rev ff)

----

So the pci bus seems readable....

I don't know... is there any setting in the kX drivers to modify ?