My ISP is limiting p2p / downloading traffic. How do I overcome it?

13 posts in this topic

Hi, people.

I have a 2 mb adsl connection.

Apparently, my ISP is checking the internet traffic and blocking / drastically reducing the speed from download sources such as bittorrent, emule, Megaupload, Rapidshare and so on.

It is not only with me, a lot of ppl in local forums (I livr in Brazil) are complaining about the same issue...

I searched all over the internet to find a way to overcome this, but it seems impossible!

Can anyone help, or is it better to give up?

learn how to use newsgroups FTW! :(

Jay

Sorry men, but you are at your first post. Don't be selfish and if you're not with the fact somebody need knowledge about something, take the back door and ran away.

For your information Sin, there is nothing to do much about that. Your ISP put in the central (where you had the phone and ADSL "mounting" for the telecom) some equipments to make scanning on the deep packets. After detect packet heading like BT, eMule or whatever you want, the module take that packet and drop instead a false packet with a fake heading. That's why your speed drop down literaly and it's going like 30k/s. The only thing you can do is to flush that crappy DSL at 2 mb/s and hang up with the cable lifestyle.. What is the best internet I had ever in my life!

Hope I help you a bit :D

• 3 weeks later...
change ISP. here in italy we have some ISP with the same policies as yours, after hundreds of petitions against this unreasonable blocking, nothing's changed yet.

I don't know if it's the same now days but a few years back, actually about 5 years back, I had a lot of friends in Italy, this was when we were on Carracho, and the Italians all had internal IPs only accessible in Italy so we used SSH tunneling in order for us non-Italians to access their Carracho servers and files. Oh that was fun. The good part was that they had 10/10mbit connections :-D which even by today's standards is very fast.

I don't know if it's the same now days but a few years back, actually about 5 years back, I had a lot of friends in Italy, this was when we were on Carracho, and the Italians all had internal IPs only accessible in Italy so we used SSH tunneling in order for us non-Italians to access their Carracho servers and files. Oh that was fun. The good part was that they had 10/10mbit connections :-D which even by today's standards is very fast.

:D:P

It seems that the Italians were probably better off with their internal 10/10mbit lines but it was a pain in the ass accessing their servers.

Heh, it's them and Australia with the bandwidth limits :)