Kalyway blue screen issue

Awjvail

16 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm having issues with booting up with Kalyway for the first time.

When I boot up for the first time, it goes through the grey apple screen, then the screen turns blue.

I can hear the setup music that plays, however the screen is just blue. There is no mouse, no windows, no nothing.

So I tried doing the instructions in the thread

I typed -s at boot

then typed mount -uw /

then typed /movevideodrivers

Then I typed "no" for both ATI and Nvidia drivers (because I've got Intel GMA)

Then at Intel GMA, I typed "yes"

Then for the next 3 things I typed "yes"

then it said "type exit to boot OS X"

so I typed exit.. and it booted up, but nothing was different.. I can hear the music but can't see anything but a plain blue screen..

Any idea what the problem is?

My graphics chip is Intel GMA 950.

There used to be a member I believe identified as Netkas that has a driver for GMA 900s drivers for 10.4.x series but that has been removed.

To my knowledge, there is no Leopard driver that supports GMA 900s. I'm waiting for it too.

There are two solutions. (1) Paperclip connecting some pins 1 and 6, 2 and 12. (2) External monitor (this works...but since there's no GMA 900s, no qe/ci support, so there's kind of no point.

If you got a blue screen after rebooting the system, start whit "-s"mode, then type "mount -uw /"->, type "passwd root"->, type your root password and the last command "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone". type "exit" and continue installation. You will log as root. Then go to System Preferences and create a new account.

If you got a blue screen after rebooting the system, start whit "-s"mode, then type "mount -uw /"->, type "passwd root"->, type your root password and the last command "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone". type "exit" and continue installation. You will log as root. Then go to System Preferences and create a new account.

mount -uw / worked hit enter

passwd root no such command passwd

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone worked hit enter

exit worked

installation was not continued it tried to resinstall though, i got the 10.5.2 disc maybe that will work?

bump

anybody have any luck with this? i know the gma 950 works with leopard cause i used to have kaly 10.5.1 and iatkos 1.0i running fine...

when i boot up i just get a blue screen but i can hear the welcom to your mac screen and movie in the background

i ran the -s, mount -uw /, /movevideodrivers, and selected yes to everything but the intel gma drivers, and typed exit to find the same problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem I fell like, is just an step before make this work. I can hear the sonng and everything even the guy talking but i dont know what driver or kernel i need for this problem. I know is because os x can't choose between the monitor or the output what have the computer so, if somebody know how to like "choose" the output that will be grate.

Another thing is why can't I choose the same driver that the computer chooses when the computer boots up during the installation.

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

i had the same problem and now its working, when you get to the blue install screen, and you hear music, press the sleep button on your computer, wait for a bit and then press space, it should play the video.

After that you may need an external mouse because my trackpad was screwy.

Installing kalyway combo update fixed my problem.

Aidan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello there. Digging the thread :unsure:

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 today in a Intel 950, and there is the blue screen problem. How to solve this? I haven't installed the 950 drivers from the DVD, are they necessary? Because the description said it still had some bugs.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Hi there,

I'm having issues with booting up with Kalyway for the first time.

When I boot up for the first time, it goes through the grey apple screen, then the screen turns blue.

I can hear the setup music that plays, however the screen is just blue. There is no mouse, no windows, no nothing.

So I tried doing the instructions in the thread

I typed -s at boot

then typed mount -uw /

then typed /movevideodrivers

Then I typed "no" for both ATI and Nvidia drivers (because I've got Intel GMA)

Then at Intel GMA, I typed "yes"

Then for the next 3 things I typed "yes"

then it said "type exit to boot OS X"

so I typed exit.. and it booted up, but nothing was different.. I can hear the music but can't see anything but a plain blue screen..

Any idea what the problem is?

My graphics chip is Intel GMA 950.

Hi I had the same Problem but i did the same instructions and it worked fine i have just set up my account and it is working fine

thank you

for the help of the instructions

James