Kalyway 10.5.2 : install dvd kernel panic

Annoid

69 posts in this topic

Got the same PANIC

Possible solution (Working for me)

Notebook: Acer 3620 Intel 915 chipset. Kalyway 10.5.2 boots into kernel panic.

Took the hard drive out and connected thru usb-interface on a (Kalyway)working pc.

Did the install without the reboot. Put the drive back in the notebook and finished the installation. Installed AppleIntel950 thru Pacifist. Screen resolutions all OK. NO QE.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on an MSI P6N SLI-FI w/ E6550 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo Conroe - having this same problem. To get the DVD to boot I had to delete that particular kext from it, which let me load the installer using -v -f -x. I installed, and now I can't get past this damn kernel panic. I'm gonna install MacDrive and play around with the kexts on the drive (I have it dual booting successfully with Vista...that was easy, OS X just can't get past the kernel panic).

To get the DVD to boot I had to delete that particular kext from it, which let me load the installer using -v -f -x. I installed, and now I can't get past this damn kernel panic.

Can you tell me how you removed the kext?

I tried to do it with MagicISO. But when i save new image this new DVD is not bootable.

Try using UltraISO instead...or if you can get a Mac to mount the image as a disk on and delete it that way, that's how I did it. Also, instead of just deleting the kext (I'm doing a fresh reinstall right now) try going into that kext and inside the contents folder there should be an Info.plist and an Info.plist.orig. The orig one should be renamed to Info.plist, and rename the current Info.plist to something else. That might fix some weird ACPI/APIC problems with your system later.

• 2 weeks later...

check CPU's settings on BIOS...if this don't work download the leo4allv5,burn to dvd and restart...boot with dvd press F8 and -v -x -y cpus=1 ...

in the install screen go to the disk utility and erase your disk with security options( ZERO DATA or something like that,i don't remember :) .. )

then Quit the mac os x install and restart the pc,use the kalyway 10.5.2 dvd and boot with this..press F8 and -s cpus=1 or cpus=1 ... something like that..install MAC OS X !!!

** THIS METHOD I TESTING FROM ME 2 TIMES... :)

I'm having the same problem. Install was rebooting at the same place as in the first post, so I altered info.plist and all the extensions files were loaded ok. But there are a couple of lines of text after that which I cant read because kernel panic resets the computer immediately after that. Have tried removing Apple_SMC.kext but this does not make a difference. Also I am using the Voodoo 9.5 beta2c kernel (added to disc).

Please help me!

System specs: (Everest 2.2)

Computer:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

OS Service Pack Service Pack 3

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Computer Name G

User Name usr

Motherboard:

CPU Type Intel Celeron, 2633 MHz (26 x 101)(SSE2)

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-8I848P-G (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Breeds Hill i848P

System Memory 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Type Award Modular (08/19/05)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)

Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

Storage:

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller A2IOJ3AI IDE Controller

Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive

Disk Drive ST340014A (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD501LJ (465 GB, IDE) (SATA)

Disk Drive Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 USB Device (3 GB, USB)

Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D

Optical Drive SONY CDU4811 (48x CD-ROM)

SMART Hard Disks Status OK (Not Enabled)

Partitions:

D: (NTFS) 280753 MB (171806 MB free)

E: (NTFS) 153433 MB (79979 MB free)

G: (FAT) 117 MB (103 MB free)

Total Size 424.1 GB (246.0 GB free)

Input:

Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:

Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

The last three lines shown before the computer reboots are:

Loading HFS+ file : [/system/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext/Contents/MacOS/TMSafetyNet] from 422d690

EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000f0xx0 (<- I'm not sure about these numbers)

Thanx in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I have similar problem for my desktop (config in my signature)

Smoothly installed ideneb 10.5.5 v3, but on first reboot after installation it ends up in infinite reboot cycle

f8 shows all kext loading and then "starting drwin x86" & then it reboots

the same thing happens during installation of kalyway 10.5.2

No idea what is the cause of the problem.(could be a ps/2 kbd & mouse?)!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do a little treatment to the original kalyway iso using the PPF tool which is available here would solve the problem. From my prior experience, only adding "cpus=1" flag might not help.

BTW, for those of who suffer from this kind of ACPI panic, you must select the "ACPI fix" AND "cpus=1 fix" in the customization menu to prevent future boot failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this? That is, the above poster's suggestion of using "Kalyway 10.5.2 ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin PPF" to change the Kalyway ISO then booting the resulting disc?

I am very keen, although as a non-Demonoid member I'm a bit stuck...

I found a place to download, am trying it now:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUC7HA6Y

I have a Compaq Presario V2340AP, with Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family and Quanta 308F motherboard, and have had no luck with iDeneb 10.5.5. (I get the light blue screen) and now get the full ACPI panic within a few seconds of starting up with the Kalyway 10.5.2 install DVD...

My next plan is to try the direct-copy technique - putting the DEADMOO image straight onto a partition, as described here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...le_And_Accurate

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am on the same boat as everyone else, i had everything working perfect, or at least i thought it was and now i get this panic very often. It use to happen less with cpus=1 then it did with cpus=2 and or not flag for that matter. Or at least i thought it did anyways, but unfortunately it happens the same with or without any cpus=x flag. Any help is greatly appreciated it.

• 3 months later...

I have a standard dell 1520 laptop and Originally with the kalyway 10.5.2 DVD all I had to do was put in the -v cpus=2 flag. A few installs later I got this kernel panic issue. To fix it for me, all I had to do was type vanilla at the darwin screen, then when it reloaded, i typed -v cpus=2 ... This resulted in me being able to load up setup flawlessly. I hope this helps someone as this problem was solved for me luckily with no headache... Hopefully I can ease some of your frustrations...

-kylerebbe

• 2 months later...

I had this problem when trying to install iDeneb 1.4 on my ASUS eee 1000HA

I am using my internal dvd drive that is attached to my main computer (for power) - and a sata -> usb adapter to connect it to my eee.

I had to power cycle (turn it off and back on while booting my eee) my drive in order to get past the kernel panic.

Not sure how many of you are using setups similar to this but I figured I would post how I got past this issue.

• 1 month later...

I am probably too late for this to help anyone.

Same issue on a Toshiba Sat pro

Went into Bios disabled execute bit compat

The hex code changed a hair but still the same Cpu panic.... anyway/.

Disabled mutli core multi core processing and violla installer booted no issue.

Hopefully won't have to keep it disabled after install. We'll see

• 2 months later...

I am getting this same error while installing iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86_ISO, Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd

But i have no error when installing iAtkos V7i

The only problem i am getting is that after booting up which takes ages, after i use it for a few mins it abbruptly becomes unresponsive! Any ideas how i can fix this and rightfully call my PC a MacACER!?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks....

PC Specs :

MSi Motherboard MS-7267 Version 4.2

2GB Ram DDR2

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz

Sata 500 GB HDD

Selected nothign from customise just the defualt selected packages.