iPhone like the iPod Touch?

rob356

6 posts in this topic

I just got an 8gb iPod Touch. What I want to know is if it is just like the iPhone. Except the cellular radio. So is the Ipod touch just like an iPhone, minus the cellular radio, and phone apps? The reason I ask this is because I think they use similar firmware, because through a terminal command you can launch the phone. (not that I want to do that.) I want to know because when people say it works on the iPhone, does that mean it works on the iPod touch too?

There are rumors out there that the iPod Touch has Bluetooth built in but it's disabled. They are practically the same minus the Phone and SMS app. The iPod touch even runs OS X which really amazed me. Let it be said that the iPod Touch is a iPhone without the cellar radio. They even had a bug on the iPod touch when then iPod touch was disabled that it said that the iPhone was disabled. Meaning they basically took a iPhone ripped out the cellular radio disabled Bluetooth and dubbed it the iPod Touch.

It is almost the same. Have you ever heard of the iPhone symptom on iPod Touch?

Yup, the iPod Touch displays NO SERVICE and Waiting for Activation. All that kind

of stuff from the iPhone.

Let's say they are quite similar.

It is almost the same. Have you ever heard of the iPhone symptom on iPod Touch?

Yup, the iPod Touch displays NO SERVICE and Waiting for Activation. All that kind

of stuff from the iPhone.

Let's say they are quite similar.

Thats if you somehow manage to load iPhone firmware on the touch, as was the case with NateTrue's jailbreak.