AC97 Audio (PCM) ? Driver Can't get sound

CurtisV

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I Have search around for a driver to get this working. I am on a gateway laptop and I believe the model num. is 7322GZ. It says on the audio tab of the sys pref. that it is AC97.

I have searched the forums but with no luck. I just want to get my sound to work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

It says on the System Profiler when I click audio (built in). No built-in audio. Which is wierd.

Wont sat anything on the PCI tab for vendor things, but when I click on usb, like in the directions it says.

PCI Device ID: 0x24c4

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

i got a gateway 3550gz....my device id is 0x24c58086. the weird thing is that with AppleAC97Audio.kext i get all the sliders in System Preferences>Sound working, but no sound. I have tons of inputs like Line In, CD, Stereo Mix, Mono Mix, Mic......but only one output... Line Out AC97 PCM. I have tried everything....i dont get why its recognized but no sound! i installed kalyway 10.5.1.....

Yea I have tried a couple of different drivers but none of them seem to work. I really would like to get the sound working but I dont know if there is a solution because it seems no one can find one. I guess I will just keep trying random drivers and see what I get out of that. I really need the sound to work too. :\

:thumbsup_anim:

• 3 months later...

I Have Leopard 10.5.2 installed on my Balance CP4401. I had a heck of a time getting the sound to work. In the end i discovered that it was trying to pump the sound out the headphone jack on the front of the computer. the thing was i had unhooked that port from the mother board. once i put the cable back on and plugged in my speakers it worked like a charm. is it possible on your mother board you have a spot to plug in an extra audio port that is being used as the primary but is unhooked?