Can't run Starcraft

RollingMac

7 posts in this topic

Sorry, I posted one similar question on "Application", but seems no one goes there. If this is not acceptable, please help me delete the on there or help me move to appropriate sub-forum.

So, I tried to run Starcraft (with Mac OS X installer) and I was able to run on my Leopard 10.5.2 for a couple of weeks.

However, I do know what happen to my system yesterday. I can't run it anymore. Maybe it is because I run some update these day? This following messages are from Console, please help me figure it out so that I can return to the classic Starcraft battle field, :D

03/04/08 11:10:20 PM [0x0-0x3b03b].com.blizzard.Starcraft[297] LaunchCFMApp(297,0xb009b000) malloc: *** error for object 0x803009d0: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

03/04/08 11:10:20 PM [0x0-0x3b03b].com.blizzard.Starcraft[297] *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

03/04/08 11:10:20 PM [0x0-0x3b03b].com.blizzard.Starcraft[297] LaunchCFMApp(297,0x80254fa0) malloc: *** error for object 0x201e000: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

03/04/08 11:10:20 PM [0x0-0x3b03b].com.blizzard.Starcraft[297] *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

03/04/08 11:10:20 PM [0x0-0x3b03b].com.blizzard.Starcraft[297] LaunchCFMApp(297,0x80254fa0) malloc: *** error for object 0x201e000: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

03/04/08 11:11:35 PM com.apple.launchd[77] (0x10b5a0.Locum[316]) Exited: Terminated

Any help will be appreciate, thanks in advance.

Nope in mac osx all carbon applications made to run on sys 10 are based on the LaunchCFMApp

wich is a framework enabling the execution of these files..

so there must be a conflict somewhere that can be possibly based on an hackintosh or your system probelm.. which prevent this one to work properly..

Most probably it depends on some conflict on your system as per now i'm using it to .... do my stuff

And yes of course it should b lauched under rosetta anyway.. intels would never support that ;)

But I could play is before, like just last week, but after mass of update from Apple and update from MS and some kernel update, it's not working now. Too bad, seems like I can't play it for a bit of time.

• 2 months later...
But I could play is before, like just last week, but after mass of update from Apple and update from MS and some kernel update, it's not working now. Too bad, seems like I can't play it for a bit of time.

I can play Starcraft on my desktop Hackintosh just fine. On the laptop it's a different story. When I tried to run the game, I get what you are getting, it loads, I can see the menu, then the game quits. I can't seem to figure out the problem myself. Starcraft works on the Hackintosh desktop though.

My assumptions to the problem is probably the resolution. My desktop has a 17" LCD, not widescreen, whereas my laptop is 15" widescreen.

Also as noted on this site:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...Games#Starcraft

Notes: After downloading the patch from apple.com, the furthest I have reached was the screen that allows you to select your resolution. The splash screen does not appear. By the way, Blizzard would most likely not port a game as old as Starcraft.