Quad Boot on a MacBook

Nologo

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I have a MacBook.

I am not so expert I need help to install 4 OS into it.

I already found and read many docs about that, but most of them are: old, not fully comprehensive, and not definitive

I just need a link or a written definitive procedure.

1) Winzoz Vista

2) Winzoz Xp

3) OSX

4) Ubuntu

Is there anyone can help me please?

thanks

PS:

The most interesting doc I had found was at this link h*tp://forum.onmac.net//showthread.php?t=2793

but are many days that the link is down

Download Gparted and create 4 partitions on your hard drive(s) (4 total partition)

Create 2 NTFS, one EXT and one HFS

Install windows on ntfs, linux on ext and oscx on hfs ... use guid not mbr for boot

I would recommend you use at least 2 hard drives but you can do as many as you like.

To be able to boot from each one, you have to configure your grub to find each partition. You can google that.

Ubuntu is going to need 2 partitions, 1 for the OSand 1 small one (3GB) for the swap file, so you need 5!!

SticMAN

Download Gparted and create 4 partitions on your hard drive(s) (4 total partition)

Create 2 NTFS, one EXT and one HFS

Install windows on ntfs, linux on ext and oscx on hfs ... use guid not mbr for boot

I would recommend you use at least 2 hard drives but you can do as many as you like.

To be able to boot from each one, you have to configure your grub to find each partition. You can google that.

Thanks all of you for the fast answers!

I'll try to do these steps.....

but I have others questions because I have already tried something like this

but for me didn't work. Especially with winXp

I have to go now

I will write to you later

thanks