New Background

8 posts in this topic

Wow, I haven't posted in a while...

Also, I haven't used PS in a while, so don't laugh, this is the first thing I have made in like 6 months...

Anyways, I made a quick background (15 minutes of work, max) just for fun....

macbackground1.png

It's a 1280x1024 image.. so it should work for almost everyone....

Also if you have any suggestions for it, tell me and I'll look into fixing it up...

Oh yeah, ever since my old compy died, I haven't used osX86, so I cant see how it looks in the OS it's meant for *sigh* so if anyone wants to show me how it looks, that would be sweet...

More to come (better ones lol)

post-14748-1140590741_thumb.png

I would get rid of all those embossing effects. Embossing makes it look dirty. Insead of the embossing, you should create "shine" or "gel" effects in my opinion. Also, I don't like the font "Times New Romain". I would pick maybe a modern sans-serif or modern serif font.

I would also make the text maybe white instead of black and varied in size between the the top and bottom. The text kind of upstages eachother since they are of equal size.

I would stick with linear gradients instead of radial gradients for the background. Also, if there was a simple, opaque, line texture on the background, it may make it look more interesting. For textures, I love using Fireworks (makes life easy). If you use photoshop, you will have to define custom patterns. This is a little more difficult

OK, I will stop being a nit picky designer now. Just work on these few things and it should look great. :dev:

SWEET! REPLYS!

haha

anyways...

Thanks for the feedback. The radial gradient was a premade background thing, with the apple on it (but I cut the apple out of it, and ditched the words that were on there already) and I added the emboss effects.

Im not really good with shine or anything, well at least yet... I thought about white text, but thought about it after I posted it and such. I am going to remake a simialar background like this.. only better...

More opinions would be great...

• 2 weeks later...