Marvell 88SE6111

15 posts in this topic

I just can't find a driver for "Marvell 88SE6111", this controls my IDE port (DVD drive).

I'll install OSX with a usb drive tomorrow, but I still want the IDE drive to work. Is there a simple way? Someone told me to insert the drive ids in the ide kexts or something like that.

Can anyone tell me more? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

What does AppleVIAATA6111_6145.kext_.zip have inside exactly? My MB has a Marvel 82SE6111 controller which I would like to be able to see, but I have already Leopard installed on my main ICH10 SATA drive, fully working. I saw that the info.plist file has infos about SATA and ICH9... Do you think it could mess up my system? Would it be enough to delete every entry from the plist file except for the one regarding the Marvell 6111 chipset?

I just can't find a driver for "Marvell 88SE6111", this controls my IDE port (DVD drive).

I'll install OSX with a usb drive tomorrow, but I still want the IDE drive to work. Is there a simple way? Someone told me to insert the drive ids in the ide kexts or something like that.

Can anyone tell me more? :)

Install this: IOATAFamily.kext.zip

Backup and move to trash the old one and install this with kexthelper.

Good luck Giorgio

I have the same problem with my MSI P35 Platinum board; DVD-ROM connected to Marvell 88SE6111 controller by SATA (all primary-controller SATA ports occupied by HDs :( )

Tried installing the Kext by Giorgio with no success, just seemed to halt startup for quite a while but still no drives showing. The ones linked by podarok gave me instant errors upon install, something like "can't be used" dialogue displayed after copying and subsequent reboots.

Will I have to fork out for a Highpoint RAID card? :D