Apple Software Update forces Safari 3.1 on me

~pcwiz

7 posts in this topic

Apple software update keeps on forcing Safari 3.1 on me:

asu.jpg

I don't even have Safari installed in the first place. Just iTunes and QuickTime. Its supposed to be Software UPDATE not the Everything from Apple Software Installer :D

Call this thread a fail and I will officially put you on my block list :D :D

Untick and go into Tools and make it not show again, that simple. People need to learn how to keep control of their software or uninstall the updater, you can check for updates manually if your that bothered by Apple's way of so called forcing software on people.

As I remember Steve said Apple WAS going to do it this way, at least he warned you in advance. :D

Fail (just kidding).

I found it odd that Apple put that in Software UPDATE. It's not a software install, but a software update.

If Forceman is right (and I think he is, because Apple tends to warn people about things like not using CodeWarrior, etc), then just put it on the ignore list for the software update engine.

I think you meant "It's not a software update, but a software install" ;)

Yeah I'll put it on the block list. Apple Software Update is evolving into the Everything from Apple Fanboy Edition Installer. Safari on windows just doesn't feel right, Firefox has the nicest feel on Windows.

I think you meant "It's not a software update, but a software install" :censored2:

Yeah I'll put it on the block list. Apple Software Update is evolving into the Everything from Apple Fanboy Edition Installer. Safari on windows just doesn't feel right, Firefox has the nicest feel on Windows.

Yeah, my words got a little mixed up, hehe. But yeah, this thread is still fail.