Live!/Audigy series may get OSX drivers

dj_stick

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

normally don't post in the OSX86 sections anymore due to the fact I have a real mac now, BUT I have a link here that those of you with creative 10kX based soundcards, the Live!, and Audigy cards, will want to visit.

The kX project is a russian based project coding low latency drivers for creative soundcards for the purpose of music production in Windows, and I used to be pretty involved in the project on the "technical support" side of things, however going to OSX changed that.

But in the latest release announcement thread, along with a list of bug fixes etc was a single line, one that i almost missed:

poll: what do you think about Mac OS X driver? (for native apple macintosh and hackintosh?)

so if you guys want your creative 10k1 (Live!) and 10k2 (Audigy 1/2/4) series cards working in osx, follow THIS LINK and post your support

Wow, that's great news, considering (if i remember correctly) they didn't want to initially (no, i don't have sources :P ).

Also great to see 3540 coming out...

(anyone remember using the good'ol APSLive! on Win98se back then!? :( )

Sad to see the official website gone; hoping they'll fix the situation.

I need some help here ...

I`ve got creative Live sound card ... i followed the link ... but it all end here http://kxproject.narod.ru/faq.htm?language=en#Q17

In the FAQ is said that the driver works on "Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98 (Second Edition only), and Windows Me"

There is no MAC OS in the list of supported OS`s

So ... how can I get my creative works on MAC OS ?

There are no such solution for PCI SBLive cards rigth now.

The good news, which right now is only in the form of some kind of survey, is that the kX driver developpers *might* try to make such a OSX kext for some cards.

You want to aument the chances of that happening? Register on the kX forum above and add your 'vote'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep :( your thread shows so many views, meaning so many people are interested in it! But how come not plenty of people I see at driverHeaven???

I installed the current kX driver on XP and it was almost fine (till I didn't hear 5.1 sound together ***EDIT*** Everything is perfect ***, probably only with my card as it's from Dell)

I think atleast one topic should be kept Sticky.... so people know....

For those who don't know about the last words from Mister Eugene, check this link below (read the first post carefully till it's end) http://www.driverheaven.net/general-discus...e-dsp-e-mu.html :)

Is it possible to use the firewire off of a audigy platinum yet?

Yes because the Firewire Chipset of the audigy card doesn't depend of the Sound chipset:

Picture_1.png

By the way, isn't it little odd to talk about poll now? I mean Eugene is already building drivers so? why linking to poll? The point is, regardless of the result of the poll, he started working on it already? Proove me wrong after reading this link below:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry757390

:D Doesn't this show that the result of poll was viewed by Eugene already? Anyways, those who gave up searching earlier, will probably not know about the poll now (except the new dudes looking for 10kx series drivers now)

• 4 weeks later...

This would be so HUGE for the entire Mac community. Mac Pro (real not hack) users could buy PCI soundblaster cards and use them if they chose over USB ones...

For OSx86 it would be just AMAZING!! My Soundblaster Audigy 2 zx has much better sound than my (nonfunctional in osx86) AD1981 on board sound.