sb600 issues

impulsion

7 posts in this topic

i'm just curious why nobody is trying to fix this issue with their releases and patches. seems like there are a lot of people on here that have these chipsets yet nobody will take the time to help out those of us with these issues! i would take on the task myself if i had any clue what i was doing but unfortunatly i don't! i'm not usually one to complain and i'm sure the problem will be sorted out in due time, but it would be nice to know that someone is working on getting this problem rectified. it just seems like anytime anyone inquires about this problem it gets ignored. is there anyone out there up to the task?

the issue i'm havin is none of the amd versions are compatible with this chipset! they either get stuck at still waiting for root, or they boot to the installer only to find out that there are no hd's in disk utility. i managed to get zephyroth v.1 installed but will only run in single core and takes 20 minutes to boot up

zephyroth 10.5.2 rev1 and 2 has the sb600 chipset inlcuded, when you install leo click customize and check ATI VIA Chipset

zephyroth 10.5.2 rev 2 will not boot into the installer!!! i don't know how many times i've had to say this on this board already! it hangs at still waiting for root device! it does not have the sb600 chipset added during initial boot of the install dvd! rev.1 is the only one that seems to boot into the installer and that's with cpus=1 -v flags only

You can install Rev.2 on AMD chipset if you switch SATA to AHCI mode - installer will boot and will see all SATA disks.

BUT after install for me problems just multiplies - drivers that work fine in 10.5.1, just don't do the job.

After about five reinstalls with different settings I give up...

Now I get back to 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 with eddie11c package and doing well.

You can install Rev.2 on AMD chipset if you switch SATA to AHCI mode - installer will boot and will see all SATA disks.

BUT after install for me problems just multiplies - drivers that work fine in 10.5.1, just don't do the job.

After about five reinstalls with different settings I give up...

Now I get back to 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 with eddie11c package and doing well.

That would be fine if I had that option in the bios settings but Toshiba A215's don't let you do anything but turn basic stuff on or off like the touchpad, legacy usb, wired ethernet, and battery settings. Not much else unless someone can figure out how to hack a toshiba bios to change these settings. I think implusion has the same issue.

Now, I made the bad choice of upgrading the bios and now when I load JaS (which used to work but didn't have sb600 support) it gets to the spinning color wheel and then suffers an "unexpected error" and loops back into single user mode. And every leo disk I have tried either refuses to work or will get to the very end of the -v code, and pop up a blue screen with a mouse pointer and then stops.