FINALLY WORKS! Ati x1600 71c2 QE+CI with 10.5.2+graphic update

dionysossss

71 posts in this topic

Hi everyone i am glad to hear that may have gotten their cards to wok but for me i have tried an messed up to the point i had to reinstall twice. so could anyone please help me i out. i have the ati x1600 pro. are there any packages like the one for the x1650 or can some one please upload thier kext for me . i am new and still learning.

Thanx

Hi everyone i am glad to hear that may have gotten their cards to wok but for me i have tried an messed up to the point i had to reinstall twice. so could anyone please help me i out. i have the ati x1600 pro. are there any packages like the one for the x1650 or can some one please upload thier kext for me . i am new and still learning.

Thanx

post your device ID and other info about your card like:- card Ram and vender ID, and u just reinstalled twice :), when i started i averaged 5-6 installs per day :P, but it sure paid off:)

I am using an ati x1600 pro 512 pice card other specs include core 2 duo e6420 4 gigs ram Seagate 80 gigs drive mb is ga ep35c-ds3r(which took 10 tries just to install kalyway) this is all i know I don't mean to sound stupid but i am totally new to this and really need some step by step help like as if i am in elementary school to change my resolution for my card. if anyone don't mind please upload files that can just be replaced because i am going crazy.what is vendor id and where do i find it also i am using kingston ram ddr2 667 with other os's in other hard drives in the system currently not hooked upfinally got the id here it is isplay: Type: Display Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x71c2 Revision ID: 0x0000 Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded Displays:Display: Resolution: 1024 x 768 Depth: 32-bit Color Core Image: Software Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

After hour of searching and reinstalls of kalyway i have finally found some driver installers for the x1650 and the x1600 with some others at this site below, give it a look. Hope this helps others

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87006

As always dionysossss your the greatest will still give the kext a go because i still have to learn them.

• 2 weeks later...

My specs:

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard w/ ULi-M1695 chipset

200GB SATA HDD

200GB ATA HDD

Sapphire ATI Radeon x1600 Pro 512mb AGP (Ven: 1002 Dev: 71c2)

Leo4Allv3

I installed the extensions and rebooted -- however, I got the black screen. I'm not quite sure what to do here, as I've gotten the black screen with the ATI x1600 drivers that came with Leo4Allv3. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your efforts! It is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Disabled most of the onboard hardware, but same results. ;) Disabled LAN, Audio, Serial, etc.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried Leo4Allv2 which had the same problem with the video and this is a fresh install of Leo4Allv3. I did remove all the kexts starting with ATI* and copied the new ones over then fixed permissions and deleted kextcache. I can't help but think that the problem has to do with my specific brand of video card (Sapphire).

i replaced the kexts n everything works fine but the menu bar is too see through and also at first the coverflow would'nt work but i fixed that.Can You help me fix the menu bar please.. everything else is perfect . i have the pci-e ati x1600. Please can anybody help. thanks

I use Leo4Allv2, and everything works perfect.

Did you remove kexts which are installed before? I mean a clean installation may help you.

sapphire 1650pro 512mb PCIE. everything working (71C1, kozlowski, MacMan2007), however only one DVI. Cannot get dual monitor setup to work. will your method address this problem?

thanks

btw. what is different in your method from kozlowski and MacMan? in the end they all are just editing the kexts.

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU SO MUCH OP!!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get my x1650 Pro AGP working. I had tried other things, like modbin and MacLovin's attempts, but none worked. YOU KICK ASS! :thumbsup_anim: I now use the extension permission repair app any time i make a change. Thanks! :D

Hi all, I've tried dionysossss' method but it doesn't quite work. I have a 512mb PCIe 71c2 from ASUS and after loading these kext files, I can finally switch resolutions, but it's really hard to read with all this patterned garbage on the screen.

Does anyone have an idea of what's causing this?

Here are some screenshots... the first is what happens on a normal boot. The second is a safe boot.

post-210172-1211697371_thumb.jpg

post-210172-1211697379_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never used these kexts posted here, but since some people have a similar card to me (ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB 0x71c2), I'd just like to mention my method of getting my card to work with QE+CI.

As far as I remember, my method has worked from 10.5.1 to 10.5.3 (I think I needed to hexedit at one point, but not any more). I still dislike it because I have to login before QE+CI and the proper resolution works, but ah well.

This is based on BorisBadenov method btw.

Actually theres no point in writing the whole thing up again, see here.

Some notes:

- I use nano instead of emacs, its just easier.

- When modifying the Info.plist of ATINDRV.kext, you'll realise what you're supposed to do doesn't make sense, this is because you need to modify the Info.plist of a plugin that works with your card, not the main Info.plist of ATINDRV.kext. For example, I know mine is "ATY,Wormy" so the Info.plist you need is: /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Wormy.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

- Instead of repairing permissions with diskutil, to clean up, just do:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
rm -v /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

- Also reboot with "-f"

And I think thats about it, have fun!

When you boot up into the darwin bootloader, it mentions press any key to enter boot options, do this, then at the prompt, type "-f" and press enter.

This might not even be needed, I use it as a precaution.

What card are you using?

I honestly don't know really, the only way I knew mine was from observing the boot messages when I used to use Natit on Tiger (old days :))

Then again, you could always just try the same as mine (ATY,Wormy) and see how it goes, its quite possible it will.

Need to know your card really.

EDIT: Found this:

Caretta = X1300, Wormy = X1600, Alopias = X1800, Sphyrna = X1900

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33007

I have a x1600 PCIE like you.

Actually i am running 10.5.2 with QE CI enabled, what should i do to update to 10.5.3?

I already tried using kalyway 10.5.3 combo update package, but i lost QE and CI.

Depends, you could (I think) restore your old 10.5.2 kexts (ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin, ATINDRV.kext) from a backup after you update to 10.5.3, or you could use the method I used on the newly installed 10.5.3 kexts.

Your choice :D

• 4 weeks later...

Dionysos, i have an Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256Mb AGP. (detected as 0x71c2)

Deleted all the ATI* references in /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace with yours, then run the Extensions-Repair tool and reboot.

After that, i can change resolutions but i couldn't use QE.

System Profiles tell me this:

ATY,RadeonX1650:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1650

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Displays:

L1753S: