[Kalyway 10.5.1] Install Kernel Panic

DJ McG

54 posts in this topic

the -f and only -f boot flag works for me. I just added it to the com.apple.boot.plist so I didn't have to type it on every boot. -f mode doesn't seem to impose and notable restrictions.

Ok, thanks. I am trying it right now. Hopefully when I get to the installer I won't have any issues. *Crosses fingers*

EDIT: It didn't work, I got the Prohibitorial Sign (Circle with slash through it), then with rd=disk0s1 CPUS=1 -f I got a kernel panic (told me to reboot the computer) I am sooo close, I am desperate. I am downloading macdotnub osx86 v1-r5 of tiger 10.4.10

I dont have that option in BIOS. I seem to have very limited BIOS options compared to others...

I have PheonixBIOS Setup Utility Ver:1.50

I have

System Time

System Date

Hard Disk

Quiet Boot

Power On Display

LCD Stretch Display

Language

Infrared Port

Parallel Port

Legacy USB Support

Hyper Threading technology

Supervisor/System Password

Low Battery Alarm

Panel Close Alarm

System Beep

Enable/Disable a Boot device

and thats it.

first i had same prob...to get to install use -v at boot then format drive partion as mbr only not efi or guid very important..........then custimize install with SSE2 intel nothing else or it want boot!!!!!!!!!! not vanilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not EFI!!!!!!!!!!!!Intel SSE2/SSE3 kernel only....

HEY EVERYBODY I WASD SHAVING THIS PROBLEM BUT I JUST TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED ABOUT 6 TIMES AND IT WORKED !!! JUST DONT USE ANYU SETTING EXCEPT THE GUID OR MBR THING. :excl: AND ALSO DO NOT INSTALL THE VIDEO DRIVERS WITH PACIFIST AFTER THE INSTALLATION BECAUSE A KERNEL PANIC WILL POP IN YOUR FACE AT BOOT. :excl:

all these months for nothing...:D

Im, sorry, that confused me... are you saying to just keep trying to install? Just to clear some things up, I get a kernel panic BEFORE I get to the installer, I have never gotten to the installer yet. Some people have gotten confused about that...

I get the same problem on my presario F730US... I try 3 osx... kalyway, leo4all and zephyroth.... all get the same problem... I want one that work for me... Only one work, but are the JAS osx tiger... native with dual boot.... tiger and vista... if anyone know about installation or distro that work fine for presario laptop amd x2 64... please, tell me... tks.

I just want OS X, I dont care if its Tiger or Leopard. I just want OS X! IF you could help me find a distro thats works I would appreciate it. I dont want HUGE downloads (3-4GB) so I will probably stick with Tiger...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, listen guys, I haven't been here for a while but my 10.5.1 kalyway has been working for about 1 month. After talking about this problem, I found out that a lot of computers had an integrated network controller (nic) that was unfortunately not supported by mac OS X 10.5.1 Kalyway. So, here's what I did to fix this :

- First of all, when your PC boots, press a key when told so and type ''cpus=1''.

- If this works for you, then lucky you. If not, follow the next steps carefully.

- Boot and go to your BIOS settings (Explanation : press F2, DEL or whatever key you can try while your PC boots)

- Now, you should find something called ''Network Interface Controller'', which is, on my motherboard, located in the ''advanced settings'' tabs.

- Now, you should have an option showing you if you want to enable/disable NIC (Network Integrated Controller) Of course, you want to disable this for now.

NOTE: the name may differ from PC to PC (it may not be called exactly: network integrated controller) so you need to explore a bit.

- OK, now, I see you guys asking yourself: ''WTF, I need to throw out Internet for this **** to work ?''

That's right, if you want this to work you'll need to sacrifice your integrated Internet but BUT BUT, you can buy ethernet cards out there at something like 15 $ so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

- Before running to the store and getting a D-Link card, I propose you try again to see if your PC can boot in the installation or if it can simply bot in leopard (for those who were able to install but not to boot).

If it works, YAY !

If i doesn't works, my help has been as far as it could go for you...

- So, if your problem was not being able to boot leopard but being able to install, then you'll probably going to be able to boot but, as I said before, lacking Internet.

- If your problem was not even being able to boot from the CD, you should be able to boot in it. Try installing OS X MAKING SURE YOU PUT NO SPACES IN THE PARTITIONS NAME. Also, make sure to choose MBR as the HD's partition table and to format the drive partitions as mac HFS+ journaled.

- Whatever your problem was, I hope it is now fixed.

- DON'T FORGET TO BUY AN ETHERNET CARD TO BE ABLE TO HAVE INTERNET !

- If you bought an ethernet card, you'll need to reinstall OS X with the Internet cable plugged in the card because mac OS X only installed drivers at installation for me...IF YOU BOUGHT AN ETHERNET CARD, YOU'LL NEED TO REINSTALL OS X WITH THE CABLE PLUGGED IN THE CARD BECAUSE OS X ONLY INSTALLED THE DRIVERS FOR IT AT INSTALL FOR ME... IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, YOUR CARD WILL MAYBE SHOW UP BUT PROBABLY WITH A ''NO CABLE DETECTED'' MESSAGE.

My version of mac is now running perfectly except TimeMachine who seems not to like my video card; I have a Quadro FX 3400 which is not as supported as GeForce cards. TimeMachine just opens a finder windows (the one you see in the fullscreen view normally) but I don't see the background or the buttons except if i drag the quick view window over all my screen then it appears... WEIRD. I got iWork '08, Office 2008, iLife '08, Antidote Prism and many other apps that I got from the bay running flawlessly.

HOPE THIS HELPED CUZ IT TOOK ME MONTHS TO FIGURE IT OUT AND...IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO WRITE ALL THIS !

I found your thread by searching a similar error I had...

So I'm here trying to figure out what's wrong with my install. I too am stuck at the black screen. I get pretty consistent errors.

I tried a few commands @ the prompt, like -v, cpus=1, rd=disk0s1, None did anything really.

Finally I tried "-F" and it got me to the white screen! It has the loading animation going, so I'm hoping it loads up properly....

• 1 month later...

I'm from denmark, and very bad to english. But i will try to, write a little.

I have read the whole Topic, and i have try to install Mac OS X on my computer.

My Specs is: www.exer.dk/pc.txt

GPU:

Club 3D, Geforce 7950GT , 256 MB GDDR3 SDRAM / 1.4 GHz

CPU:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 1.86 GHz / 1066 MHz , 2 MB L2

RAM:

OCZ Enhanced Latency 2 x 1GB Ram , PC2-6400CL4 / 800 MHz

Morherboard:

ASUS P5N32-E SLI AiLifestyke Series

PSU:

NorthQ 4775-500BU Ultra Silent PSU , 500Watt

HDD:

WD Caviar SE16 WD3200KS, 320 GB, 7200 rpm / 16 MB / Serial ATA-300

(But i have try to install Mac OS X on my old 80gb IDE harddisk.)

Wireless network card:

Linksys Wireless-G PCI Card WMP54GR, PCI / 54 Mbps / IEEE 802.11b / IEEE 802.11g

2x AC Ryan Blackfire4 UV LEDFan, 120mm ,UVBlue 4 Led

Zalman CNPS 7700 ALCU, 120mm , Alu/Kobber, dBa 20-32

I have a SATA-2 DVD drive.

I have try iATKOS v1.2, Kalyway 10.5.2, The Original Mac OS X DVD, Leo4all v.3 Final, and one more (I can't remember it)

Yesterday evening i try to install Mac with Leo4all, it boot up! i try with "cpus=1" and is boot up after about 10 minutes.

Today i turn my computer on. i put "-F" in the bootmanager (F8 on startup)

but i just see this:

DSC_0081.JPG

URL = http://www.exer.dk/mac/pic/DSC_0081.JPG

it have turn on 1 hour now, but nothing happening.

If i nothing do, in startup, they also type "Still waiting for root device" :)

DSC_0082.JPG

URL = http://www.exer.dk/mac/pic/DSC_0082.JPG

Is there someone there can help me? :)

- My email is: Tobiasnk@hotmail.com

But you can just write here.