[Kalyway 10.5.1] Install Kernel Panic

DJ McG

54 posts in this topic

i had the same problem man and i dont know if this will help you but put in a linux live disk or a win 98 or sumthing similar and format the drive as fat 32 then restart and start the setup of kalyway again with no other funy business it should go straight in... it worked for me but then i got through the install and wouldnt reboot... hopefully that will get you on step further

i had the same problem man and i dont know if this will help you but put in a linux live disk or a win 98 or sumthing similar and format the drive as fat 32 then restart and start the setup of kalyway again with no other funy business it should go straight in... it worked for me but then i got through the install and wouldnt reboot... hopefully that will get you on step further

• 2 weeks later...
anyone?

Yes. The loader "forgot" where the cd/dvd player was to get the next bit of the load sequence. When it could not find the dvd, it went looking for the data "on the network". Hence, the nfs panic.

The key to sucess is in the error message itself. "volumes/disk2s2".

Simply restart (F8 at the darwin message) and type -v rd=disk2s2 (or whatever disk/partition the message showed - mine was disk1s2). rd points to the install dvd, not the drive you are going to install to.

Best regards to all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...