[Kalyway 10.5.1] Install Kernel Panic

DJ McG

54 posts in this topic

The command I used was CPUS=1 rd=disk0s1 -v -x -s, I got the same panic without -s, vanilla didnt work.

The kernel panic looks like this:

Got Boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE@14,1/AppleGenericPCATAPCIRoot/PRID@0/AppleGenericPCATADriver/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorage Driver/TOSHIBA MK1031GAS TOSHIBA M
BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1
nfs_boot: networking is not initialized
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x002D88DE): "nfs_boot_init failed with 6\n"@/volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/bsd/nfs/nfs_vfsops.c:851
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 Potential args on stack)
0xbdff8c8 : 0x12b0e1 (0x45796c 0xbdff8fc 0x1332a3 0x0)
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Backtrace temrinated-invalid frame pointer 0

BSD process name corresponding to current theead: kernel_task

Mac OS Version:
Not yet set

Kernel Version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Sat Nov 17 02:56:34 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

I will type the rest of the lines later. Here is a picture (not mine but its exactly the same.)

EDIT: Both attachments are pictures form another thread. But I get the same exact Kernel Panic, or it hangs at BDS Root but with different number variables.

Thanks

post-197432-1205604255_thumb.jpg

post-197432-1205692168_thumb.jpg

bump, I REALLY need help, Im so close. Depending on the commands I use I will get still waiting for root device, a kernel panic, or hangs at BSD root: disk? major ? Minor ? I think that's what it said. I have tried vanilla legacy -c -s -x -F CPUS=1 rd=disk0s1. Please help.

I got kind the same error in the beginning

what i did was, first make my HD bootable with the "Kalyway make bootable disk" disk, and second i used the sse2 kernel because my Intel Pentium 4 only supported SSE2

you should try that

Im confused... I cant even get to the installer, I get a Kernel Panic before it gets there, when I dont go in verbose mode (-v) it tells me to restart the computer.

The partition I made is Fat32 Logical Partition named Leopard.

Ok, i will try it. ThanksWait, is this Kalyway make bootable.iso a whole other DVD image, so I wont need my current one and it will be a couple of GB's? If it is a cople of GB's I can't download it, it took over a week to get the original kalyway anyway. And I am not sure where to find it on google, there are several...I still cant find the Kalyway Make Bootable Disc.iso

Not that it really helps you any, but I have the same problem. I get a little farther with iAtkos. IAtkos uses the Darwin x86 bootloader and it gets me to the white screen with the apple logo, but then I immediately get a kernal panic. I have very similar specs as well.

Well, as stated by loekUP I was trying to find the Kalyway make bootable.iso but cant seem to find it...

There is a torrent on Demonoid that I just found but Demonoid is down, and I think has been for awhile...