MAC MINI PRO

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to build a mac mini pro using my mac mini g4 and a g5 case. What would be the best way to do this, and please give me some cool ideas. How would I hookup the connections to the box + the superdrive? I am new to this so keep the tech talk simple please. You are all a great community or people.

Thanks

Adam

Hi

I want to build a mac mini pro using my mac mini g4 and a g5 case. What would be the best way to do this, and please give me some cool ideas. How would I hookup the connections to the box + the superdrive? I am new to this so keep the tech talk simple please. You are all a great community or people.

Thanks

Adam

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/13/mac-min...c-youve-always/

Adam, your idea for putting a mac mini inside a g5 case is nice, but kinda wasteful.

The whole idea of the mini was so that it was small and light...two things that the g5 cases are not.

This doesnt mean that you shouldnt do it, but in my opinion you could do better things with your modding time, such as putting the mac mini in a lunch box or the base of a bin....

infact, forget the last idea, i like it too much...patent pending, patent pending, patent pending :D

What would be cool though is if you put the macmini in where the cd drive goes along with your extra hdd, and make the computer look like a genuine powermac from the outside....and then have something like a hamster cage or a fish tank inside.

It wouldnt be that hard to hook up, just cut holes at the top of the rear section of the case, and run your standard mac mini cables out through there....and for the hardrive just use a usb to sata adapter

Good luck with your project

-Paul :P