Jailbreak iPhone Appearance

DrSupachicken

7 posts in this topic

Why would you want to uninstall Installer.app? Its basically the whole reason for a jailbreak other than to use it on a different carrier... Just leave Installer.app in my opinion.

Well, he wants it to look stock...and the only way to do that is to remove Installer.app.

Yeah but then whats the point of a jailbreak in the first place? And once the new iPhone SDK comes out, Installer.app will look like part of the family.

I don't know, but he asked me a question, and I gave him an answer.

in short: it is possible. i guess there are at least 2 ways:

1st: jailbreak that phone, make all changes you want like activating and unlocking, connect via ssh/scp and remove installer.app from applications folder.

2nd: use ziphone, but just tell it to unlock and activate your phone, do NOT check the jailbreak checkbox. this does almost the same as the first step, but it does not install the installer... also this is propably the easiest way to get this done.

but it´s like all people posted: WHY? also with new apps it looks like the original... but with the installer you can add a lot of useful and nice features. not to add software is like "i´m buying windows vista, but i don´t install any programs because i want to have it look as original as possible." ;-)