PS/2 problems

14 posts in this topic

I have a Logitech MX1000 and Microsoft Natual keyboard. I am having problems getting them both to work with a native OS X install.

I am using the -x flag to boot so I can try to get into the GUI and deleate all ATI kexts as my card is an x800 and is not allowing a normal mode boot.

When I first booted my USB mouse it worked, but my PS/2 keyboard did not. I then found on the forum that it was probebly caused by OS X not being able to handle a USB and PS/2 human interface device at the same time. There for I used a USB to PS/2 converter for my MX 1000. Now neither the keyboard or mouse is working. Any ideas?

P.S.

I need the keyboard to enter a password.

what installation image are you using?

if it is the dvd from phenix/deadmoo, copy ApplePS2Controller.kext from the opendarwin cd.

if it is vmware, all you can do is try booting with platform=X86PC, maybe it is an ACPI problem (as I have on Abit-IC7) and is not solvable :(

I had that same problem. By using USB-PS/2 on my mouse and a PS/2 keyboard it all worked out fine. I would have used all USB if I could find a PS/2-USB plug. But I couldn't. Anyway, works fine here.

Shakaru:

Please read posts before trying to help. I already have a USB -> PS/2 converter it didnt work.

Sigxcpu:

Thanks it works, kinda. OS X says that it isnt installed properly also mouse doesnt work. However if I unplug the USB mouse, let it go to the desktop, then plug it back in it works.

{censored}, it doesnt like the kext from the darwin install. It loads it first boot, but doesnt load it after a restart. I cant get my keyboard working.

Any ideas beside going out and getting a USB keyboard?

thanks for replying so fast. I have copy and pasted the ApplePS2Controller.kext from the Darwin CD and pasted it into the extentions folder. I then used that image with WinHex to put it to disk.

Do I need to do that to the new kext before I place it into the folder, or can I just re-write the image and chown it whith it already in /system/liberary/extentions/ ?

What worked for me (AFAIK): disabling usb mouse and usb keyboard support in bios. Then booting into OS X.

I did also try totally disabling usb, booting into windows, then restarting. With usb totally disabled i booted into OS X and both my ps/2 logitech keyboard and ps/2 ms mouse working. Also, when booting, i saw the kextcache file being rebuilt.

ok I got it going. I had to sudo before the chown though because it said I was unauthorized.

Now to get my Revolution 7.1 going and my hard drive expanded from 6 gig image to 28.9 gig drive size. :)

What worked for me (AFAIK): disabling usb mouse and usb keyboard support in bios. Then booting into OS X.

I did also try totally disabling usb, booting into windows, then restarting. With usb totally disabled i booted into OS X and both my ps/2 logitech keyboard and ps/2 ms mouse working. Also, when booting, i saw the kextcache file being rebuilt.

I did the same thing: put USB mouse on PS/2 using a USB => PS/2 adaptor, disable USB in bios, boot into OSX (mouse and keyboard work); kextcache is rebuilt, reboot, enable USB in bios, have fun.

I can now use both USB and PS/2 at the same time...

Good luck!

I did the same thing: put USB mouse on PS/2 using a USB => PS/2 adaptor, disable USB in bios, boot into OSX (mouse and keyboard work); kextcache is rebuilt, reboot, enable USB in bios, have fun.

I can now use both USB and PS/2 at the same time...

Good luck!

that worked

but when i turn back on usb 2.0 in my bios the keyboard dosn't work

:S