9.2.0 kernel with fixed shutdown "UPDATE"

pestana

16 posts in this topic

From netkas.org new today

netkas

9.2.0 kernel with fixed shutdown

ToH kernel with fixed shutdown (and reboot).

Many Tanks to "Yuusharo"

Installed Kalway 10.5.1, make the combo update of kalway 10.5.2, intalled the nvinstall.33 for my Quadro FX570 and Asus P5K-E, folowing the guide of "Yuusharo" renamed the "mach_kernel" to "mach shutdown" to kip the original just in case, (nice Yuusharo), copy to the root of the HD:

sudo cp /Users/xxxx/Desktop/mach_shutdown / (xxx- is the name of the user)

Then edit the "com.apple.Boot.plist" file:

nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

medifi the line: ....mach_kernel... to ... mach_shutdown...

Ctrl+X saved and exit

make the last command:

sudo chmod 644 /mach_shutdown && sudo chown root:wheel /mach_shutdown

reboot, and finaly my computer make the shutdown, I have tested several times, always shutdown

Many Thanks

From netkas.org new today

netkas

9.2.0 kernel with fixed shutdown

ToH kernel with fixed shutdown (and reboot).

Can aneone test it and post a download link please :P ..

Thanks

A bit presumptuous, but will this work with Kalyway 10.5.1/2 as well? If so, is it just a matter of installing and rebooting?

Hope someone has tested it and is willing to share?

Cheers, Plucka :P

Success with this Kernel! Using a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R v2.0 and 8800GT 512mb. After upgrading Kalyway to 10.5.2 and removed NVInject and changed to gfx string. Full graphics support. I copied the kernel to '/' renamed it to "mach_shutdown" and modified the com.Apple.Boot.plist to use this mach_shutdown. Restart works with netkas' 10.5.2 SMBIOS but sleep does not.

Now a few questions. Is there a downside performance-wise for not totally replacing the Vanilla kernel? I did *not* set any sort of permissions on mach_shutdown, is this bad? Will it hurt performance by not updating the kernel for future updates? A little hard to tell about that last one, but maybe someone who's been around here longer can tell me if having EFI will let me continue to use this modified ToH kernel in the future in case netkas or someone else decides not to update them.

Success with this Kernel! Using a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R v2.0 and 8800GT 512mb. After upgrading Kalyway to 10.5.2 and removed NVInject and changed to gfx string. Full graphics support. I copied the kernel to '/' renamed it to "mach_shutdown" and modified the com.Apple.Boot.plist to use this mach_shutdown. Restart works with netkas' 10.5.2 SMBIOS but sleep does not.

Now a few questions. Is there a downside performance-wise for not totally replacing the Vanilla kernel? I did *not* set any sort of permissions on mach_shutdown, is this bad? Will it hurt performance by not updating the kernel for future updates? A little hard to tell about that last one, but maybe someone who's been around here longer can tell me if having EFI will let me continue to use this modified ToH kernel in the future in case netkas or someone else decides not to update them.

Thanks

If i remove Nvinject does my graphics card continue to work?? I have a GeForce 8800GTS 320MB, is this something to do with so called gfx string?? (which is something i've never heard of).

I've upgraded to Kalyway 10.5.2 and installed Leopard Graphics update, now i cannot shutdown or sleep it anymore. and modifying com.apple.Boot.plist?? God what is this all about?? can you give some details, or a link?

The whole process of renaming the kernel and all and changing the name in Boot.plist is not necessary. You can boot from an alternate kernel at startup by typing the kernel file name at the boot: prompt. For example, I save the original kernel as "vanilla" so I type vanilla at the boot: prompt and the vanilla kernel boots. Very easy.

But great kernel, using it now -_-

i got it working on iATKOS w/ 10.5.2 upd8 from kalyway

i ran on couple of problems though

almost all of my applications wont run properly

iTunes, YM, Skype, Quicktime etc.

tried rosseta stuff - no avail

im only running SSE2 btw