INTELGMA950 WORKING FINALLY

Philintosh

70 posts in this topic

just talked to my friend and got him to open microsoft word 2008. just as you said, the artifacts came back. However, they seem to only show up in office 2008 so far, and as such are MUCH less frequent than in 10.5.2. not sure if he will decide to have few artifacts + normal boot, or no artifacts + having to sleep the display on boot.

just talked to my friend and got him to open microsoft word 2008. just as you said, the artifacts came back. However, they seem to only show up in office 2008 so far, and as such are MUCH less frequent than in 10.5.2. not sure if he will decide to have few artifacts + normal boot, or no artifacts + having to sleep the display on boot.

it depends on what you want from your notebook I guess. I use these memory hungry programs all the time (Chemdraw, PS, MSO, firefox....). In principle, any non-Apple application that uses more memory shows the artifacts. There was never a difference for me between the builds. When it was there it was as bad as always, e.g. in Word 2008, it's pretty bad with leaving mouse traces all over the page and square holes here and there . But we have different notebooks. Maybe your friend's is more forgiving.

• 3 weeks later...
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

this is the framebuffer kext my friend is using.

i'll get you the kextstat next time i see him

Thank You so much for this file!!!

FINALLY, My Dell Inspiron 640m with GMA950 works flawlessly.

no more scripts or hot corners to bring display out of sleep.

this framebuffer along with Paulicat's Natit.kext did the job!

here's my laptop spec:

Kalyways 10.5.2 DVD installed on Dell Inspiron 640m

core 2 duo 1.83ghz --> only 1 core works using cpus=1 flag

Sigmatel Audio 7690 --> works with patcher 1.20 & stac9200

Network: both ethernet wired and wireless work out of the box

Touchpad: tapping works except for scrolling

Graphics: using all AppleIntelGMA* from Kalyways 10.5.2 DVD

replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext with the above file

installed Paulicat's Natit.kext

using SwitchResX for 1440x900 native resolution(not sure if this is needed anymore)

After days of reading and experimenting, all is working smooth except for that 1 core disable!!! WOOT

Hope this helps other Dell user.

thanx all for the files.

Thank You so much for this file!!!

FINALLY, My Dell Inspiron 640m with GMA950 works flawlessly.

no more scripts or hot corners to bring display out of sleep.

this framebuffer along with Paulicat's Natit.kext did the job!

here's my laptop spec:

Kalyways 10.5.2 DVD installed on Dell Inspiron 640m

core 2 duo 1.83ghz --> only 1 core works using cpus=1 flag

Sigmatel Audio 7690 --> works with patcher 1.20 & stac9200

Network: both ethernet wired and wireless work out of the box

Touchpad: tapping works except for scrolling

Graphics: using all AppleIntelGMA* from Kalyways 10.5.2 DVD

replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext with the above file

installed Paulicat's Natit.kext

using SwitchResX for 1440x900 native resolution(not sure if this is needed anymore)

After days of reading and experimenting, all is working smooth except for that 1 core disable!!! WOOT

Hope this helps other Dell user.

thanx all for the files.

I got the same lappy, did this get rid arftifacts for u??

Thank You so much for this file!!! FINALLY, My Dell Inspiron 640m with GMA950 works flawlessly.no more scripts or hot corners to bring display out of sleep.this framebuffer along with Paulicat's Natit.kext did the job! replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext with the above file installed Paulicat's Natit.kext
could you please run MS Word or Firefox and check if you still have mouse tearing or artifacts? specifically a blank square will show up here and there when you move the mouse or the mouse will leave a mirror for a while.According to Paulicat, his Natit.kext will specifically not work for Dells and is meant for laptops with gma950 other than Dell (I am quoting Paulicat here). This procedure never worked for me, but you have different hardware and my be lucky. I'd be nice if you could verify if the mouse artifacts are gone or not, though. Furthermore, any AppleIntegratgedFrameBuffer.kext other than the new 10.5.3 will give mouse tearing/artifacts on Dell gma950, certainly on E1505/6400s.thank you
For me to fix my problems I used pacifist to get the IntelGMA950 kexts and plugins from the Apple comboupdate.iPoco
I assume you are referring to 10.5.3 comboupdate?thanks
@great deceiverI got rid of artifacts but every time i start I have to do the mouse trick......in your case you had to do it only when u updated>?????
I wanted to use this to link to a script that nawcom put together. It works on my system nicely when I turn off autologin. No need to use the activate sleep/wake with mouse trick anymore.http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...111916&hl=#

• 1 month later...

yeah, anyone successfull on gma950 desktop edition with 0x2772? i figured that the thing which is responsible for artifacts is the framebuffer. but it somehow it is dependant/connected to other kexts and that's the problem. the 1.4.20 version is ok to have QE/Res change but has artifacts on desktop. the newer versions(1.5 and up) are ok, but the resolution change is disabled:(

so anyone have desktop gma950 2772 and QE/Res/no adrtifacts?

• 2 weeks later...

The Frame Buffer kext links in the previous posts (it looks like it's from 10.4.8 by the way) does enable resolution change in 10.5.4 on desktop boards, but it really messes up my USB.

15 seconds to unmount, inserting another drive mounts with errors indicating it doesn't know what format the drive is in.

Remove the kext again and those problems go away.

I tried a retail 10.5.1 Frame Buffer with no joy. It didn't allow resolution change.

Tried this on an ASUS P5GC-MX 1333 and a Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C.

I've been trying to dig up a 10.5.0 Frame Buffer kext to give that a shot.

Still looking.

• 4 months later...

hey everyone. I have an HP nc6400.

It has an INTEL 950. i was referenced to a post about having to set up a makeshift dongle on the VGA out of the laptop just to get the thing to work. Is this something that has had some updates since than? Do i still need to do this dongle hack just to get things working?

Has anyone installed the latest system software 10.5.6 without any issues?

hey everyone. I have an HP nc6400.

It has an INTEL 950. i was referenced to a post about having to set up a makeshift dongle on the VGA out of the laptop just to get the thing to work. Is this something that has had some updates since than? Do i still need to do this dongle hack just to get things working?

Has anyone installed the latest system software 10.5.6 without any issues?

GMA950 could work well with 10.5.6 , but some work, using DSDT.aml and efiboot it can work well at full properties.

After, if your pc work full with stock kexts an OpenGL.framework is another matter who must discover. (I did use 1.5.24.9 for GMA950 an IntegratedFramebuffer kexts and OpenGL.framework 1.5.6.17 build 50617 for obtain full coreimage&quartzextreme).

more info: _

is anyone here using 10.5.6 with a working GMA 950? I'm sure the workflow is different than 10.5.2. Can someone post a brief description . I'm assuming to include the .kexts on the install DVD. but than what after reboot? I'm assuming its not a straight forward install since this adapter is getting old and has lots of issues.

Has anyone ran OSx86 tools to update their GMA 950 after an install? Any help please??

Hi guys!

I'm a newb to hackintosh, but i need your help.

I've got:

Amilo Pi 1505

Intel 1.6 Core 2 Duo (T5200)

Motherboard Chipset Intel 945GM

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950

Can anyone help me with the resolution?

(Same problem as mragonias post #10)

Just not sure how to do it :/

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2

Just the clean installation

(solved no graphics with /movevideodrivers and the Welcome Loop)

Now i guess i gotta do:

-download Paulicat's Natit, natit.kext and put it into /System/Library/Extensions/

(installed with Kext Helper b7) <- is that right?

-install Graphics Update from apple update (how?) edit: got it. Downloading 1.0 now.

-Reboot

-install Appleintegrattedfamebuffer.kext v. 1.4.20 (change permissions and force to load)

Am I correct?

I'm going to do this in about 1h.

I'll post the results :angel:

So...

Kalyway 10.5.2 clean installation

(solved no graphics with /movevideodrivers and the Welcome Loop)

Here's what have I done:

-downloaded Paulicat's Natit, natit.kext and put it into /System/Library/Extensions/

(installed with Kext Helper b7)

-installed Graphics Update 1.0 from apple update

-Rebooted the OS

...and...

Everything seems to work. (Oo)

I got my resolutions, no problems with dock etc.

I guess that (in my case) there's no need to install Appleintegrattedfamebuffer.kext v.1.4.20.

:(

• 5 months later...

Thank you so much, have been trying to get my GMA 945 to work in full res with hardware accelleration, that appleIntegradedFramebuffer did the trick to get my full res (was using the boot 1680x1050x32 trick but that only gave me 4:3 res but with 1050 height.

When I put the 10.5.1 gma 950 kext back into place I got Quartz and hardware acceleration as well.

Now running Iatkos v7 (10.5.7) on my Inspiron 6400/E1505.

I am so happy ;)

I'm using Acer Aspire 5570 which has Intel GMA 950 0x27a28086 and installed freshly from iDeneb 1.5.1 DVD. Problem occured. I figured out that iDeneb already install Natit when I chose 950 patch. Natit package got 0x27a28086 ID in it but the 2 others: GMA950.kext and Framebuffer.kext doesn't. So I using Pacifist to extract kext file from iDeneb 1.5.1 DVD and found out that there are two different version of GMA950.kext and Framebuffer.kext on that. the first one is inside OSInstall.mpkg, and the second in IntelGMA950.pkg which located in Patch folder. The second one also include Natit.kext and the GMA950.kext in it doesn't got 0x27a28086 ID. That's what be installed when I choose GMA950 Patch while setup iDeneb. But the first one does. It already got ID 0x27a28086 on it. So I remove IntelGMA950.kext, Framebuffer.kext and Natit.kext from my Extensions folder and reinstall IntelGMA950.kext and Framebuffer.kext from the first package that inside OSInstall.mpkg. Then it works :)

For those who do the freshly installation, I guess you may try NOT choose GMA950 patch, which will install the original GMA950 inside OSInstall.mpkg, eventually you don't chose and Video driver.

By the way, it did got some restart when I reinstall IntelGMA950.kext and Framebuffer.kext. I must use -f one time for booting properly. Guess that it won't happen if install freshly without choose GMA950 patch

• 9 months later...

Hi I'm new to all of this, never considered my self to be that great with computers before this week!

I have a Dell latitude d620 graphics card intell 950gma, kalyway 10.5.2.

Basically had every thing working; sound, wireless, usb (after installing a new network card a variety of kexts).

But i got cocky and thought I'd try fixing the fuzzy resolution (I only have options of less than 1024x768 and I need 1280x800) after using the kext helper to install this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143340 (v3) I rebooted (yes I know i should have performed some intermediate steps but I didn't because I'm an idiot, I also know now ths s not designed for laptops... so lets except that and move on...)

I'm at my wits end because when I boot now all I get after the apple loading screen is complete black. Please help! I have assignments on that computer that are due next week and no way of accessing any of my files etc. I've tried booting in safe mode, to no avail.

I'm happy to keep the fuzzy resolution, I just want my screen back!

PLEASE HELP!

ps. I wish I'd found this fix prior to installing the the one which I did... but now I need my screen back and then I can try this fix, its possible that it has gone to sleep... but nothing seems to wake it up.

pps. I know my dell isnt exactly the same as those covered in this guide, but i'm still hoping someone can help.