*WARNING* Intel DP35DP Owners!

Mil32T

20 posts in this topic

This is just a heads up, do NOT upgrade your bios to the new one released in january, it will break your sound support in OS-X (drivers work fine, you get no sound). If you already have, grab the older (203 I think) bios from open drivers and flash back down to the old one to fix the issue.

i try it again...

if i boot a disk, i got the Message:

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I'm using a SATA DVD-RW Samsung

Bios 0407

8 GB RAM

I testet some different Images: kal, Aitkos, JAS,...

the SATA is in BIOS set to AHCI

sorry for my bad english, i'm from Germany

• 2 weeks later...

Works just fine for me. I never had problems with BIOS updates on this motherboard.

The thing i do have problems with is to install Vanilla & EFI 8 GUID partition. Vanilla & EFI MBR works just fine everytime with IDE or AHCI.

Why does not GUID work?

It pisses me off!!!

Any help is appreciated. :P

Why does not GUID work?

To make GUID partition bootable on this intel MB you need to activate it using fdisk. See more

Bios 0407

To avoid this problem revert your bios back to ver. 0326 or boot to dvd in IDE (not AHCI) sata controller mode.

This version of bios (0326) also helps to avoid any internal sound problems.

• 2 months later...
i try it again...

Bios 0407

8 GB RAM

Did you ever get your config to work? I have the exact same config, exact same error message, tried a lot of things, about to give up...

I'm running Kalyway on a Intel DP35DP and my sound doesn't work. As I bought the board just a month ago, I'm thinking it already came with the new BIOS since it was released in january. The BIOS version I have is DPP3510J.86A.0293.2007.1002.1519. You think I should downgrade to get my sound working? I have it set to AHCI and use MBR.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...
i try it again...

Bios 0407

8 GB RAM

I am new to this website and seen quite helpful sugesstions on this, So posting this problem which is killing me at the moment.

I bought following new hardware to build my new PC.

DP35DPM mobo

Kingston DDR2 5300 667MHz 1.8v 5-5-5 (8GB=4x2) (Same spec as on intel website)

Corair VX550W

Q9300 Quadcore 2.5.

Arctic thermal paste

Antistatic band etc...

Just a bit history about the my PC

previously(just 2 months back) I had ,

Gigabtye P35C DS3R and Crucial PC8500 Ballistix memory. I had nightmares wtih these two combinations for about 2 months so decided to go with Intel mobo. But it looks like I am just unlucky,

When I tried to put new mobo (DP35DPM) and Memory along with everything else machine booted for the 1st time (as I had previous installation of windows with SATA RAID 0 etc from Gigabyte motherboard). So I decided to shutdown PC and do a fresh installation from scratch. But as soon as I shut down and restarted I got no display not even POST/BIOS menu.

So I tried with one memory stick at a time (2GB.). and suprise , display came back.

after this if I try to install any other stick (and combinations) to any of the chanel and still no display. PC seems like to start but without any display. So in summary only one 2GB stick in any memory slot and it works but with more then one memory no display.

I have checked all four sticks with memtest86+ no errors flashed BIOS. still same results.

Also could you please tell me which memory you have used (8GB). Make and model.

I am desperate for help here. I will appriciate your effort and time.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have this motherboard, and while I never got sound working, this board is a piece of cake to install kalyway onto, but you need a few things.

1: Sata DVD drive

2: Sata Hard Drive

3: Set BIOS to IDE

4: I might have to check this one, but I pretty much leave the configurations at the default.

Everything installs fine. No LAN or sound for me though.

• 3 weeks later...
recently released bios from intel again makes audio to work.ver DPP3510J.86A.0407

Yes!!!!! Finally, Stereo Out at least. I haven't tested mic or line in.

For the record, I've upgraded from Bios DPP3510J.86A.0293.2007.1002.1519 to DPP35106.86A.0407.2008.0218.0923. There's probably a newer bios, but I'm sticking with this one since I don't want to break my sound again.

HD Output was the only thing enabled with the older bios, now Internal Speakers and Digital Out are fully working.

I was researching this for about two weeks now. Hope this helps all of you STAC9271D users.

PD: You must also install STAC9271D_0x83847627_testing of course. I recommend Kext Helper for this purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

I do own this motherboard too, but after a successfull installation of kalyway (10.5.1 or 10.5.2) I can't boot in to OSX. all my drives are sata (windows 500 GB, data disk 500 gb and osx 200 gb) including my plextor sata dvd-rw. I set sata mode in bios to ide and my bios is latest, version DPP3510J.86A.0484.2008.0805.2031

I appreciate any suggestions

best regards

Iztok

i believe bios version doesn't do much w/ the onboard audio not working w/ osx86. as of the moment, there's a modified applehda.kext and another kext, alcinject, that makes the sound working. no line-in/mic though. hopefully there are better kexts out there.

• 2 weeks later...
I do own this motherboard too, but after a successfull installation of kalyway (10.5.1 or 10.5.2) I can't boot in to OSX. all my drives are sata (windows 500 GB, data disk 500 gb and osx 200 gb) including my plextor sata dvd-rw. I set sata mode in bios to ide and my bios is latest, version DPP3510J.86A.0484.2008.0805.2031

I appreciate any suggestions

best regards

Iztok

i'm a newbie to this. so bare with me. My experience: i installed 10.5.1 kalyway using the bios setting: IDE. it worked. sometime later it wouldn't start the computer. I forgot what error messages/ screen soon followed, but I did change the bios setting to AHCI. It worked as a charm.

bios: DPP3510J.86A.0216.2007.0502.1916

Now I´m having problems trying to install 10.4.11 XxX rev 2.

Sorry, dumb question. But why are you trying to install 10.4.11 after successfully installing 10.5.1/ 10.5.2

Now I´m having problems trying to install 10.4.11 XxX rev 2.

Why are you trying to install 10.4.11? (I'm new to all of this :D:( )

• 3 months later...