ATI x200 QE/CI please read this is NOT THE USUAL QUESTION "will it work?"

wahwahman89

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this very recently and thought I should share it for all the x200/1100/200m users out there. I found this article googling for some progress... and voila someone seems to have done it! http://osx.kbot.de/comments.php?DiscussionID=181&page=1

Does anyone know anything about this? Or where we could get the kext from? I tried emailing the guy and got a deamon error from the .mac email server.

Thanks!

While trying out various X86 distros, both Tiger and Leopard,on my new laptop, one of them had

in the custom install section a driver or patch for ATI200. I think it was in Kalyway or Iatkos Leopard

but i can't swear to it.

• 3 weeks later...
What makes you say that? Share your experiences?

Thanks for all your replies.

because i talked to him via ichat... he spent like 3 hours showing off with his mac book air, ps3 and other stuff but the most stupid thing he did was the following: i saw him on his webcam talking to his "one" of he's "girlfriends" without moving lips :() i told him next time he should move he's lips when pretending to talk on the phone with some one...he did what i said, unfortunately he's so stupid..he forgot that the mic was on..imagine this a 12 yo kid pretending to talk at the phone, moving lips etc only no words are coming out his mouth :))

Guys let me be a voice of reason here because I see yet another flame war on the horizon here. What I can tell you is that people have been trying to get QE/CI working on the x200 almost since the osx86 project began. You can find post from myself and others dating all the way back to 10.4.3.

That being said, maybe someone finally really did have a breakthrough. This person is either going to have to put up or shut up. There is no reason to be calling anyone a liar or such as it really serves no purpose at this point. Just trying to inject a little civility here.

there is a discussion revealing this boy's real identity.

here

We all know the infinite hard task that implies to make or hack an existent kext to make work a GFXCard.me as you, and many others are trying to get a solution in a cooperative mode.Slice and Ole2 are working hard to make devices to work.

honestly: we are searching for a solution since two or three years; and i do not think that suddenly a boy can appear an present us a "magic" solution.

Errand: i know your effort, we are a community, but I do not like that somebody plays with our hopes.

my english is a shame sorry.

• 1 year later...