Simple Table in Dreamweaver

OSXtotheZ

7 posts in this topic

Have a question about a simple 3 column table in Dreamweaver. Table has no padding or border or spacing. Cell 1 has pic that us 288 wide 2nd cell has a spacer gif that is 40px wide and last cell has another pic that is 288px so by my count the total table should be 616px wide altogether. What i don't understand is why DW insist the table be 630px altogether where is this extra space comming from? Why does DW NOT want to render the table so that all cells add up correctly.

You could try:

- either just removing the width property from your table so the images "force" the proper table width.

- check to see if any of your images has a margin.

- check to see if there are any invisible symbols in your cells (via code editor).

- forget the tables and use CSS.

Cheers,

hecker

This is edit of an existing site so just working with whats there. overhauling to CSS table-less opens a whole other can of worms, I'm not even going to go there and Yes I can force the correct table width but I was just curious as to Why DreamWeaver just calculated the total table width to something other than what all the cells actually added up to.

• 3 weeks later...

You must ensure you set all properties to 0, if that isnt working just try recreating the table and setting the properties to 0, I've personally had issues with DW messing up widths. If that doesnt work check the code and ensure the width of the table overall is set to your desired pixels.

And yea, CSS would be so much less hassle and more hassle at the same time if it is an existing page.

• 3 weeks later...