Dell Latitude D830 successful install but have question

underdog

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for any help. I'm very fluent in Windows, but a Mac and Unix novice. I've decided I want to end up converting to a MacBook Pro at some point, but for now I'm stuck with a Dell D830 and wanted to at least be able to play with Leopard a little. After a lot of hours of fooling around, I managed to get a successful install of ToS RC2, including wireless. At this point I haven't got the sound working, or the built in 256MB NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M. I could use some suggestions on either of those, but my main question is how do I upgrade to 10.5.1? I pretty much knew the Apple update wouldn't work, but I tried it anyway since I didn't yet have anything besides the OS installed. I was right, that killed the installation as I expected, so I just reinstalled. I also noticed that I'm only running on one core, which I think is a result of the ToS distribution. I've looked around a LOT at the forums and they're what got me this far, but I really need some guru to give me some personal tutoring at this point. Any kind expert willing to help?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have this exact laptop, and have been trying to get it to run with the leo4all version.

i want to try the ToS RC2 version but i have no idea what that is.

can you tell me what release youre talking about?

also any special tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks