Legality Question

dj_stick

7 posts in this topic

as the thread topic and description proclaim, I have a little question.

I own a Legit copy of Logic 8, straight from Apple, but I still have a few projects to complete back in Windows using logic 5, which sad to say, isn't quite legit...

Does the license for Logic 8 allow me to use Logic 5 legally?

I think you can. I upgraded via a used Pro 6 XS key I bought on Ebay through Pro 7 and then finally to Logic Pro 8. The XSkey broke so I had it replaced payed if I remember it right round 100 dollar for it. The new one I got from Apple is authorized for all Logic from version 7 down to the good old PC versions. So in my mind that means you´re good to go. You can´t get it started without the XSkey though not the leagal version. I suggest you get in contact with apple and try to buy the XSkey, should be possible since you own the Pro 8 but I´m not sure. Then you could download the latest PC Logic Platinum 5.5.1 they still had it for download a couple of months ago probably still do. PM me if you want the link and I´ll see if I can find it can´t promise though, it´s kind of tricky to navigate over at their downloadsite when it comes to the old PC version.

I´ve heard the best moast stable crack is Platinum 5.2.

Good Luck

i have 5.5.1 cracked, stable enough for me, used it for years - though purchasing an xskey is tempting, will let me use soundiver

the quickest way to get to the legacy logic downloads is by going to www.emagic.de, goes straight to apple's emagic legacy support page

i might ask this same question to apple? to get the straight answer, i wonder what it will be?

It probably comes down to if you have a XSkey or not since the Pro 8 comes without it. Forgot that in my reply, I mean I replaced one I allready had might make it a completely different story. Hope it works out for you

If anybody´s looking for an upgrade the way I did I have a Logic Audio 5 BIG BOX (in good condition with XSkey, all CDs, manuals etc.) for both Mac and PC sitting on my shelf it´s for sale but it´s a BIG BOX for sure pretty heavy so shipping will probably be expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

i had 5.51 legit, with none of the plugins enabled.

i crossed over to 6, upgraded to 7.

when i got 7, apple pro support GAVE ME all the codes to unlock the the plugins on 5.51 PC.

i was blown away by this nice gesture of customer service. a legacy product by emagic is SO not their problem.

YMMV - but i was blown away.