Latitude D610 - Working

Cuffycool

55 posts in this topic

Using the Kalaway 10.5.1 Dvd I was successfully able to get leopard working on my Dell d610. It took a while to pick the right options but everything seems to be working now.

- Wireless worked without any changes

- Dvd Works

- Sound

Im just having a look at the rest of the OSx at the moment but i just wanted to let people know that it is possible

i installed toh x86 9A581 RC2 version.

the same is mine! seems to work fine! but cant start system profile. it shows up for couple of seconds than crashes. so cant get out what periphericals are correctly recognized. WiFi works good, Bluetooth also, sound is also fine.

Tapping on TouchPad was not working, i tried to write my deviceID into the kext and after reboot it was not there was no mouse recognized. with external mouse i got it back to the standard (1000) and on the next reboot i got tapping but with the message that the applePS2...kext couldn't be load... will have to see..

NO Ethernet =( will try to find out for LAN Broadcom 57xx dont know yet how is it with sleeping...

Using the Kalaway 10.5.1 Dvd I was successfully able to get leopard working on my Dell d610. It took a while to pick the right options but everything seems to be working now.

- Wireless worked without any changes

- Dvd Works

- Sound

Im just having a look at the rest of the OSx at the moment but i just wanted to let people know that it is possible

That's a great news, i've got a D610 and Uphuk Tiger at now , but didn't tried Kaly Leo, please can you post details on Install Options Choice ?

Thank's

hi cuffycool

nice to hear that some get the kalway 10.5.1 img to work on a dell d610. my first try was successfully...sorry only bootable with the dvd rom inside. i read trought the forum and find a solution for my misstake...give a another try....now, the installtion is succesfully, but it boots allways...loop

cuffycool, can you post your bios setings and the customize hints witch you selcet befor your start the installtion?

thanks a lot

raffau

Hi,

I was always using a D610 before, I'm now using a D620. This should (in theory) be more compatible as it has a Core Duo... I'm having problems tho.

Can you post details of your configuration? Selections? EFI? I'd really appreciate it.

Also which 'distro' - ToH or Kalyway?

And dual boot??? I was always dual booting with Tiger, and so would love to with Leopard - but am happy to dedicate the drive if necessary to get it up +running.

Thanks in advance...

i have the dell inspire d610.

sometimes i can get to boot, and sometimes not.

if i let the dvd auto boot i get an error message of

/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

if i do -v it gets to the blue screen and freezes.

i've gotten it to install one or twice but are you guys doing differnt install flags or what... please post how to's this should help many people with this laptop setup

using kay's osx 10.5.1 also

Thanks

I tried that on my d600 and it did not work. After install and reboot I would get the white screen with gray apple that just loads and does not start up.

I then reinstalled and did the same exact thing but selected SSE2 from the customize options and now it just reboots to the screen where it says "you need to restart your computer".

Any ideas?

@frivera28; congrats! ;) ...i'm working 7 days now on my wlan...and it doesn't work! damm

did yours work? can you do me a favour? can you show my your NetworkInterfaces.plist ? its under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

@dem0nk1d; i have 1GB but it doesn't matter...

i got it to install once again as long as i re-format the hdd, and wipe clean any part info. so everything installs fine, and then on rest i hit the blue screen, and nothing else comes up.... don't know what to do know. your d610 using a ati onboard or intel video card?

Okay I’ve been playing all day with trying to figure out why my laptop has a 12/100 chance of install or not installing. Hope this helps people.

1.) use a formatting tool like gtparted or partition magic (I use gtparted)

2.) insert gtparted live boot disc

3.) select hdd and make the drive unformatted

4.) save changes / reboot

5.) insert Kalyways 10.5.1 OSX

6.) Once the DVD has booted to the main bootscreen just hit enter.

7.) This should take sometime to boot into the OSX install screen.

8.) This is as far as I’ve gotten at this moment and time, but I will list all other things I’m doing. This should give us a d610 install how to.

I have a d600 and it is not working. Can you post your steps that got the d610 to work?????

Please!!

This worked for me on my D600:

Latitude 600

• Install Method: Kalyway DVD
  • Processor: Pentium M
  • Audio: Sigmatel C-Major (Vendor Id:8086 Device Id: 24C5) works without patches
  • LAN: Broadcom 5701 Gigabit Integrated Controller (Vendor Id: 14E4 Device Id: 165D) works without patches
  • Dell Truemobile 1300 works without patches
  • PCMCIA/Cardbus doesn't work
  • Install Instructions: (This is for a fresh installation, for upgrade, see below)
    1. To install:
      • Format Hard Drive as MSDOS
      • Boot DVD
      • Partition as Journaled HFS+
      • Choose SSE2
      • Do not choose any drivers
      • Install

[*] After install, there will be a kernel panic. To fix:

• Boot into -s mode
    • Run terminal
    • Delete the AppleBCM575x.kext file from your hard drive at: System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleBCM575x.kext
    • Reboot & Enjoy

[*]If you "upgraded" from a previous version of OS 10, you may be faced with the problem of not being able to log in. Your passwords will not work including not having a password. You must boot into -s mode, reset the root password, reboot to the login screen, login as root with your new password, change the other User passwords or eliminate the other Users and create new ones to replace them. See here for a few methods of dealing with this

So after endless hours trying to figure out why 9/10 times i could get kalyways 10.5.1 to install, i've figured it out.

This is for the Dell Latitude D610 that has the onboard intel video.

1.) download a copy of either part magic or gtparted (live eval cd)

2.) format the hdd as unformated

3.) save changes and shutdown.

4.) now you'll want to do the paper clip trick for the external vga port on the laptop.

install_3.thumbnail.jpg

"if you don't want to use the paperclip trick, you'll have to have a external monitor plugged in."

5.) Now turn on the laptop and hit f8 on dvd boot message.

6.) Now os 10 lep should boot "note if you do not have the paperclip trick or other monitor installed the system will hang on a blue screen.

7.) Using the diskutil application to format the drive.

8.) Now once your done labeling the drive and formating.

9.) Install .... System should reboot keep the DVD in the drive and don't press anything when you get the option to hit F8 etc.. just let the system time out. Then everything should be fine, and your system will boot into OS 10

the reason i wrote this how to, is so nobody else will need to waste such time on trail and error.

Latitude 600

1. After install, there will be a kernel panic. To fix:
      • Boot into -s mode
      • Run terminal
      • Delete the AppleBCM575x.kext file from your hard drive at: System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleBCM575x.kext
      • Reboot & Enjoy

Excuse me, but I can't understand the procedure from the beginning...

How to boot into "-s mode"?

After booting into "-s mode", how to run terminal, and delete that file?