Leopard Animations Becoming Slow

wahwahman89

11 posts in this topic

This happened on both Hackintoshes I ever had, including my newest 8800GT with a Q6600 processor. Basically what happens is that after about 20 hours of uptime, animations (such as genie and scale) gradually become worse as I go. Slower, jumpier. For the old Hack, see my sig, as for the new one, it is as follows:

Kalyway 10.5.1 with PC_EFI

500GB OS X + 500GB Vista x64

PNY 8800GT 512MB

Gigabyte P35-DS3R

As for BIOS settings, I changed HPET mode to 64 bit, Virtualisation is ON and Disk mode is on IDE. Everything else is default.

Thanks geniuses!

This happened on both Hackintoshes I ever had, including my newest 8800GT with a Q6600 processor. Basically what happens is that after about 20 hours of uptime, animations (such as genie and scale) gradually become worse as I go. Slower, jumpier. For the old Hack, see my sig, as for the new one, it is as follows:

Kalyway 10.5.1 with PC_EFI

500GB OS X + 500GB Vista x64

PNY 8800GT 512MB

Gigabyte P35-DS3R

As for BIOS settings, I changed HPET mode to 64 bit, Virtualisation is ON and Disk mode is on IDE. Everything else is default.

Thanks geniuses!

Open Activity Monitor (Applications -> Utilities) and see if anything is eating up your processor(s). Also, check your RAM usage, Virtual memory size, hard drive access, and network.

Thanks guys... One more thing. Darwin sees my 512MB 8800GT as 14MB VESA 3.0. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks

Make sure you read the Help concerning Activity Monitor; it represents RAM differently than windows.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. After a little while the Genie minimize effect becomes very sluggish, but all other expose effects remain smooth for some reason. I have an 8800 GT and I'm using the new 10.5.2 graphics driver. I have 4 gigs of very fast RAM, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, my 4 CPU cores are doing very little, and there's almost no hard drive activity that could slow things down.

Does anybody have other suggestions for this problem?

• 1 month later...

Same problem with my 6600LE, the genie effect is working good then becomes all slow after some uptime despite the fact all the other effects are smooth :unsure:

This is a bug in 10.5 not a hackie problem. Apple still hasn't fixed it. Seems to randomly effect a wide range of machines.

Fixes:

-Reboot (sometimes works)

-Trash dock prefs (sometimes works)

Best fix:

Change to the scale effect until they fix it.