LAN driver for Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P

~pcwiz

11 posts in this topic

Also, the full story is that it was working before EFI and the 10.4.11 update (on the original 10.4.9 install). After I installed 10.4.11 and EFI, it stopped working. I've already tried replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext with the original one from 10.4.9 but still no go.

Any help PLZ?

interesting.

I dont know how urgent this is for you, but i will try some things with EFI8 and 10.4.11 in the next week on my test machine. I will post the results if i have some.

Wjich kexkts did you exactly change/replace when installing 10.4.11 on EFI? From which OS Version did you start? How did you update to 10.4.11? Maybe theres some kind of problem in how you did that.

Here was my method:

* Installed the PascalW Delta Updater 10.4.10 and everything updated from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 perfectly

* Backed up some important files (AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleAPIC.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, IOATAFamily.kext, Sytem.kext, mach_kernel) and my drivers (realtekr1000, alc889a, etc.)

* Installed the 10.4.11 Update downloaded directly from the Apple website

* Without restarting, I backed up all the vanilla kexts from the 10.4.11 update and replaced them with the ones I backed up earlier from the 10.4.10 update (because I haven't installed EFI yet)

* Restarted the computer and the 10.4.11 update was installed, with the kexts, drivers and kernel from 10.4.10

* Installed EFI v8 through single user mode, installation went sucessfully

* Still in single user mode, I restored all the vanilla kexts and the 10.4.11 vanilla kernel and installed the AppleSMBIOS.kext from the EFI package

* Rebooted and it wouldn't boot

* I then installed the dsmos.kext from the EFI v5.1 (older) package

* Rebooted and it worked perfectly, except for LAN

Does this make any sense?

Its not urgent, but I'd like to have it working as soon as possible :)

EDIT: Just tried the Realtek kext from 10.5 (thanks Azurael) but no go.

~pcwiz