Kalway, Yukon2, Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

Kuzbad

7 posts in this topic

Running install of Kalway 10.5.1. Installed perfectly and easily, sound works, graphics work, only thing that doesn't work is ethernet.

I have a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 revision 1 motherboard. This board has the Marvell Yukon 88e8053 chipset--I've verified that the Info.plist information for the AppleYukon2 driver is correct (IOPCIPrimaryMatch = 0x436211ab). No ethernet card is recognized. In my system log, I get only:

kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

that's the one and only message.

I should also note that I had this same system running JAs 10.4.8 at one point, and the ethernet worked flawlessly with the old driver.

Any suggestions? thanks!

-K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

is their any solution at the moment for this problem?

I have exact the same prob :-(

Could it be that it depends on the firmware of the marvelChip on the board?

A colleague has exact the same Mainboard (ASUS P5AD2E-Premium Bios 1006.006)

as i have and on his installation (Kaly 10.5.2) the Onboard-Lan-Network (Marvel Yukon 88E8053) works fine.

He installed it with the default settings, i am too.

So where is the difference?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards

HaJueRue

Hello,

I have the exact same problem with my P5AD2 Premium mobo. And when i entered the info plist it was already there.

But all i get in the Network Options is some FireWire and Built-in Serial Port (1)...

Please tell me how to get my lan running, this is the only thing left from my configuration that isn't working.

I even got my video's QE working. It's ASUS HD 3650 TOP and is fully working, i am so happy about it. but now the lan is not.

I have tried Leo4all before and lan was ok there.

Please, Please give me a solution for the ethernet .....

Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

I have GA-965P-S3 with Marvell Yukon 88E053.

AppleYukon2.kext doesn't work for me but AppleYukon.kext does! Only modify devid into info.plist.

The kext presents in other distributives.