ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

junkyStaff

62 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No solutions today, but you can have 1152x864 while you're waiting... Ok, I know you want to know how =D

If you don't have any password for your account, create one (it's not hard I won't explain). You will be able to change or remove it after.

Now open Terminal and type :

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (press enter)

It will ask a password for sudo, it's your password account. If you didn't have any

password and try to do it, it won't work.

Now your com.apple.Boot.plist file is open and you can modify it as you want.

You can see a lot of :

<key>xxx</key>
<string>xxx</string>

Copy one of them (with the spaces to respect the alignment) and paste it after the last one replacing :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>

Other tip : to speed up Darwin's timeout count-down

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>25</string>

(replace the 25 by the number of seconds you want)

Now save your file (it's "Write out" Ctrl + O) It will ask a name, don't worry if you see "$t" only in the name, don't touch and press enter.

Restart and you have better resolution now (than 1024x768 ugly) but always no QE/CI and no possibility to change the resolution by the normal way.

• 3 weeks later...

bump!!

No solutions today, but you can have 1152x864 while you're waiting... Ok, I know you want to know how =D

If you don't have any password for your account, create one (it's not hard I won't explain). You will be able to change or remove it after.

Now open Terminal and type :

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (press enter)

It will ask a password for sudo, it's your password account. If you didn't have any

password and try to do it, it won't work.

Now your com.apple.Boot.plist file is open and you can modify it as you want.

You can see a lot of :

<key>xxx</key>
<string>xxx</string>

Copy one of them (with the spaces to respect the alignment) and paste it after the last one replacing :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>

Other tip : to speed up Darwin's timeout count-down

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>25</string>

(replace the 25 by the number of seconds you want)

Now save your file (it's "Write out" Ctrl + O) It will ask a name, don't worry if you see "$t" only in the name, don't touch and press enter.

Restart and you have better resolution now (than 1024x768 ugly) but always no QE/CI and no possibility to change the resolution by the normal way.

Curious here as well. Running on a Gateway 6850FX with the 2600HD. I know external monitors work, but thats not the point of a laptop. So the question is...Is there any work in progress? Has anybody with the knowledge to program a driver contacted AMD/ATI?

I have 3D acceleration in Ubuntu and I know its a restricted driver, but is it completely closed source?

Thanks to anyone with any info!

hi, i tested XxX iso. external monitor is OK. my lcd monitor on vga connection is work. 1280X1024 qe, etc. working. but internal monitor does'nt work.

i believe finding a working driver with qe/3d accelaration was the "hard" part. now we just have to redirect the signal from vga to internal monitor. i dont think it is that hard...users of mob. hd 2600 are waiting over 1 year for that... if mac os experts are tired with this and dont want to continue they could just tell us that, give us some clues on which files we have to work/re-program..

in various posts some reply that "it is a framebuffer problem" and will soon be fixed.

to be honest i dont know if they just dont care or they wait till everything is ok/fully working to announce to us the final driver.

i dont want people to believe that i am aggresive with this post. it is just my opinion and my recomendation.

I would like to know if other mobility hd2600 (and 2400) users agree with me

friendly yours :blink:

ok people here say that they manage to have mobility hd 2xxx working with external display (vga) with qe/ci and resolution change. the problem is the internal display... i know the EDID of my internal display using Phoenix, so what do i have to do now? any ideas MacExperts?

May be there is a way to fix this issue with dsdt patching ? See this =

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=958195

:(

Just tried, doesn't work. maybe it's because i didn't find lines like specified in that guide, but i found similar (tv, dvi) and deleted them, still no result.

Internal display works when external display is connected by dvi cable, and internal display is switched off during boot, it switches on when system boots, but colors are really ugly and there's no backlight, also system doesn't read displays EDID, so image is bigger than display and you can see like 1/4 of full image. About 4 months ago i had kext and with it backlight was working, but i can't find it now. There's backlight option in info.plist of natit.kext, tried changing the value, but nothing changes.

And another idea, maybe we should donate to netkas or some other developer, so he could do kexts for us?

Just tried, doesn't work. maybe it's because i didn't find lines like specified in that guide, but i found similar (tv, dvi) and deleted them, still no result.

Internal display works when external display is connected by dvi cable, and internal display is switched off during boot, it switches on when system boots, but colors are really ugly and there's no backlight, also system doesn't read displays EDID, so image is bigger than display and you can see like 1/4 of full image. About 4 months ago i had kext and with it backlight was working, but i can't find it now. There's backlight option in info.plist of natit.kext, tried changing the value, but nothing changes.

And another idea, maybe we should donate to netkas or some other developer, so he could do kexts for us?

Hey I just asked in that thread if that method could change the internal display to be like external. Aparently it wouldn't work.

As for the netkas drivers, I don't know if he does requests...:)