ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

junkyStaff

62 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has some interesting info for those who haven't checked it out.

From what I understand, the Dev ID for mobility 2600 is supported, but there isn't a working framebuffer because the imac uses LVDS.

-The Iago framebuffer is designed for iMacs with RV610 GPUs with an internal display using LVDS signal. It's then impossible to use a DVI or VGA display on the primary output. However the secondary output supports DVI + VGA, since the iMac have an external output that supports this kind of displays.

Each framebuffer has a different shark codename

Also, if I were to try and get res change and QI/CE enable on external monitor, would I have to add ATIRadeonX2000.kext to extensions folder like in this tutorial?

Would I need to add dev ID and EDID?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see a lot of people are demanding for a 2600HD driver.

I am searching for a driver since the late of 2008 and nothing.

They made kext for 2600hd xt and pro, so is this so hard to make 'small changes' so that mobility 2600 could work?

I have a laptop and this is the board it came with. I haven't money to buy a mac or to buy a new laptop with supported videocard, so i'm asking you. Please, could you, the great gods of osx86, make some kext for us so we could enjoy having Leopard OS on our machines?

Thanks for your time,

Mihai.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi people

i have iatkos v7.0 installed on a toshiba satellite a200-1ax laptop.

the display only works when an external monitor is connected, and in the bios the setting is that the external monitor should be considered as primary.

is there any way to use the laptop`s display ? 10x in advance

Hey,

I don't know if this is of any help, but I recently discovered that the only thing which don't work with the ati mobility 2400 is switching on the display-backlight. If you hold a lamp in a specific angle to the screen you will see that the graphic card actually screens the normal osx desktop on the display, but with no backlight it's of course useless... what I don't understand is that during the installation process everything works just fine (with backlight), but when it comes to the first booting the backlight switches of and you got a dark screen.

I hope this will help fixing the problem.

I apologize for my improper english (I'm from germany).