Kalyway & TimeMachine...

Nick Xero

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First thread so be careful. I've been reading the forums for some time and i'm learning all the time thanks to you guys.

I've got Kalyway 10.5.1 up and running on the rig in my sig. Everything seems fine at the mo, however TimeMachine doesn't seem to like it!

After creating a backup, clicking on TM makes my computer do the following:

snapshot20080109202610id7.jpg

I'm using Natit's ATI drivers which were bundled on the Kalyway DVD. I tested it with iATKOS with the ATIinject method, and that was fine.

Does anyone know of any issues, or any fixes? Could it be the Graphics driver?

Cheers :thumbsdown_anim:

• 4 months later...

OMG. I SPENT HOURS SETTING UP AND MOVING EVERYTHING FOR A BRAND NEW 500GB TIME CAPSULE! 6 HOURS FOR BACKUP TO COMPLETE! MINE NOW DOES THIS TOO. IS THIS A RESULT OF "TimeMachineFix" ON THE KALYWAY 10.5.2 DISK? PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. HOURS AND HOURS OF WORK AND NOW THIS. If I were to reinstall without TimeMachineFix and restore from backup, would it work? I have a Dell Inspiron E1705/9400 ATI Radeon Graphics. Sigmatel HD Audio. Intel Centrino Duo. Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 disk to install.

:censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2:

I've got the same problem with the two Windows, but after the Install of my correct Video-Driver (GMAX 3100), it was away. So maybe new install of the right Video-Drivers, or Update to 10.5.3 with the new right Drivers (look for that here!)?

To fix for TimeMachine, that it will work, look at this post, i found there that:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=22216

Maybe this helps, but maybe your Ethernet/W-Lan will be destroyed...read the tread.

(P.s. Sorry if something goes wrong and your System will be broken...everything is at your own risk!!!)

It looks like the problem is QE/CI isn't working on your machine. If you boot with the -x switch into safe mode and open time machine you will get similar results.

Fire up your System Profiler, find the graphics card and check that it says QE/CI is supported. If it isn't, that could explain it.

• 1 month later...

Gadgetsboyj, I doubt it's the Time Machine fix that comes with Kalyway. I pretty sure that fix is used to remedy the issue where Kalyway installs have a non-working time machine (Time Machine tells you it can't find the volume you want to use). I included the fix in my install and time machine works great now. I'm guessing it might be a graphics card issue of some sort. I'm using an Nvidia 256 card and it works great so I couldn't tell you if it was your card or not. Sorry if I couldn't help much.. I just thought I would jump in and mention that the time machine fix did work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,I've recently installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD on my PC with Default options (Sleepkernel/ Intel/sse3), but forget to installed TimeMachineFix. Now when try to backup with TimeMachine I've got the Time Machine error:" The backup volume could not be found". I wonder can it be fixed without reinstalling OSx. Everything works perfectly and the software that was installed to (Final Cut Pro 6 Studio, Shake 4.1 P) without Rosetta. Time Machine is the only problem. Is there any Time Machine fix (stand alone) available for download and how to apply it.

Motherboard Assus P5GD2 Premium,

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz(owerclocked to 3.85GHz),

2 GB dual DDR2 (667MHz, owerclocked to 800MHz),

NVIDIA Gforce 6600 GT(128MB)

HD Western Digital 200GB (ATA),

Maxtor 200GB (SATA),

LaCie d2 1TB Fire Wire 400 (this is a Time Machine back up disk),

LaCie d2 1TB Fire Wire 800,

Pioneer 108 DVD (DL) burner,

Sound on board C-Media CMI 9880 (7+1CH),

GIGABIT Marvel Yukon on board network card.

Thanks, JeboTeKonj

Hi Guys,I've recently installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD on my PC with Default options (Sleepkernel/ Intel/sse3), but forget to installed TimeMachineFix. Now when try to backup with TimeMachine I've got the Time Machine error:" The backup volume could not be found". I wonder can it be fixed without reinstalling OSx. Everything works perfectly and the software that was installed to (Final Cut Pro 6 Studio, Shake 4.1 P) without Rosetta. Time Machine is the only problem. Is there any Time Machine fix (stand alone) available for download and how to apply it.

Motherboard Assus P5GD2 Premium,

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz(owerclocked to 3.85GHz),

2 GB dual DDR2 (667MHz, owerclocked to 800MHz),

NVIDIA Gforce 6600 GT(128MB)

HD Western Digital 200GB (ATA),

Maxtor 200GB (SATA),

LaCie d2 1TB Fire Wire 400 (this is a Time Machine back up disk),

LaCie d2 1TB Fire Wire 800,

Pioneer 108 DVD (DL) burner,

Sound on board C-Media CMI 9880 (7+1CH),

GIGABIT Marvel Yukon on board network card.

Thanks, JeboTeKonj

Try opening the install disk with Pacifist and install that single pkg of TimeMachineFix.

Think there also is a pkg somewhere out here. It's all about how you search. :(

But I would go with Pacifist.

Hope it helps!

Try opening the install disk with Pacifist and install that single pkg of TimeMachineFix.

Think there also is a pkg somewhere out here. It's all about how you search. :)

But I would go with Pacifist.

Hope it helps!

Thanks Longitud,

I did try Installing single pkg of TimeMachine from Kalyway 10.5.2 Install DVD with Pacifist but unsuccessfully. There was an error message something like the file can't be found in pacifist temporary directory or folder. Then I've tried installing TimeMachineFix pkg downloaded from the forum, unfortunately unsuccessfully to.

I will buy Apple Mac OSx Leopard DVD retail version and try to install Time Machine pkg from DVD with Pacifist again. At the moment I am using restore from Disk Utility (Kalyway Install DVD) to copy the whole disk to another partition.

Thanks again for your help,