Things that annoy me in Leopard. Any solutions?

archer75

10 posts in this topic

The lack of a "cut" option in the right click or command menu. I end up having to copy and then paste and then go back and delete the original files I copied from.

So I got a program called mac pilot that puts a cut option in the command menu. But it doesn't work like you'd expect a cut and then paste to work. Cut simply deletes everything. There is no pasting, it doesn't save the data to be pasted. it just deletes it.

I also hate not having a simple "rename" in the command menu. Yeah, I can go through Get Info and do the same thing but it's an extra step.

I find that if I copy a folder(nickleback) and paste it in another folder(music) that already as a folder of the same name(nickleback) it either replaces it entirely(nothing left of contents of old folder) or it doesn't do anything. In windows what would happen is it would merge the contents of both folders and I found this extremely useful for consolidating alot of data.

And then my other thread here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80331

do a single click on the file name, rename this way

as for cut.. it's there on menus, right next to copy

to rename you must activate the file ( it turns blue)

then another click ( the text changes and is editable)

thats renaming

the tabs beneath the space bar are the apple controls

so ctrl -x cuts, ctrl-c copies, ctrl-v pastes

same commands found in the menu

the tabs beneath the space bar are the apple controls

so ctrl -x cuts, ctrl-c copies, ctrl-v pastes

same commands found in the menu

Just a little correction. It's not ctrl+[x/c/v] but command+[x/c/v] (the butterfly).

I know the shortcuts to cut, copy and paste. However prior to me installing the mac pilot app "cut" was greyed out in the menu bar most of

the time and cmd X did nothing.

Now I have it in the command menu thanks to mac pilot but "cut" just does a "move to trash". Well that's not entirely true, I can get it to cut text and paste it elsehwere. But I can't download some files to my download folder, cut and paste them elsewhere. It doesn't save the data.