BEST LEOPARD DVD

oko

21 posts in this topic

Whitch is the "best" leopard dvd?

I have iATKOS v1.0 (it doesn't boot in) and ToH Leopard whitch is verry difficult to update...

Maybe there is some 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 image whitch i can install without problems?

Oko

*ABIT S775 NF650I SLI

*MSI GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E 256MB OVERCLOCKED

*Intel Q6600 CORE2 QUAD 2.4GHZ S775

*RAM KINGMAX 2048 mb DDR2 - 800 MHz running @ 667; CORSAIR 1024 mb 667 MHz CL5 (total 3GB of RAM running @ 667 MHz)

*HDD

1. 200 GB IDE

2. 350 GB SATA

3. 400 GB SATA

4. 80 GB IDE

* Floppy 1.4 MB 3½'' (i realy need it ;) )

* USB 2.0

* LAN nForce Networking Controller

* Fire Wire 400 on PCI slot

I have TOH 10.5.1 with efi installed and it works and updates just fine...

I don't understand why you said that it is difficult to update.

From your post i guess that you haven't efi bootloader installed. In that case you wouldn't be able to boot iAtkos and update ToH.

There are many guides to install efi (I heard that you can do it from iAtkos installer, but haven't tried it myself), but I found here guide that is extremly easy. Try this, I think that it should solve your problems

I'm using the kalyway dvd with the vanilla kernel, and nvinject, all works PERFECT, the computer perfomances excellent, and what i did to get the server version?

Insert the server dvd (burned in a dual layer disc), doble click and enter the serial...and just works!!

Where is the problem?

pc-efi (which is not the same as EFI) doesn't itself enable online updates, using vanilla (Apple unmodified) kernel & kexts does.

Any machine can run pc-efi, but only some core architecture intel chipset based machines can run vanilla OS components.

just repeating this as people get very confused on this issue.

I've been confused about how to install leopard or tiger, I can boot into the cd and install it but when I want to boot into either of the two OSX's I always get:

dsc00136pg7.th.jpg

am I suppose to do something before I begin installing? this pc-efi and vanilla am I suppose ot do something before I begin installing/ I have read numerous guides and they have all suggested in the past that just stick dvd in boot from disc and install and your set

I tried using the iATKOS release but I'm getting the same problem as other people. The installation goes through fine and Darwin boots into OSX, but it has this post-installation walkthrough where you set up the keyboard, etc. There's a prompt for importing data from another Mac, and if you say "no", then it hangs and restarts.I'm going to try Kalyway now.

I'm using the kalyway dvd with the vanilla kernel, and nvinject, all works PERFECT, the computer perfomances excellent, and what i did to get the server version?Insert the server dvd (burned in a dual layer disc), doble click and enter the serial...and just works!!Where is the problem?
Did you use the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD (3.51GB) or the new one with EFIv8 built-in (4.38GB)?

Did you use the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD (3.51GB) or the new one with EFIv8 built-in (4.38GB)?

Both of those Kalyway dvds have EFIv8 on them. The one that is 4.38GB has just been unzipped. It's an ISO file. They are both the same. No difference.

Use Kalway people seem to have better results.

Cheers,

Chevy:)

Oh... I don't understand how to use Pacifist... If I made mistake with pacifist i need 2 hours to install ToH Leopard...

And my damm GeForce 8600 GT... Does NVInject will work? And dual - monitor will work too?

I use THIS GUDIGE but i don't did a bootfix because i update 10.4.9 to 10.5.0 (i think bootfix is bot neccesary for me)

OK. I have problem with the 22 and 23 .

Marvin's AMD Utility said some error and didn't create the cpuid.txt file on the Folder on desktop... In the folder was log file and 1 other file witch wasn't cpuid.txt

Ohh and the 32 and 33.

When i open the 10.5.1 update with Pacifist 2.5.1 i don't know where i can do this:

Select and install everything except what I have listed below:

CODE/mach_kernel

/System/Library/Extensions/

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

dsmos.kext

IOATAFamily.kext IOAHCIFamily.kext

AppleAC97Audio.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

AppleVIA.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

IOHDIXController.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

NVDANV10HAL.kext

NVDANV20HAL.kext

NVDANV30HAL.kext

NVDANV40HAL.kext

NVDANV50HAL.kext

NVDAResman.kext

GeForce.kext

It installed a file and my Mac crashed.

What i have to do in next time?

OR maybe i should take a different DVD and try it?

Oko

*ABIT S775 NF650I SLI

*MSI GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E 256MB OVERCLOCKED

*Intel Q6600 CORE2 QUAD 2.4GHZ S775

*RAM KINGMAX 2048 mb DDR2 - 800 MHz running @ 667; CORSAIR 1024 mb 667 MHz CL5 (total 3GB of RAM running @ 667 MHz)

*HDD

1. 200 GB IDE

2. 350 GB SATA

3. 400 GB SATA

4. 80 GB IDE

* Floppy 1.4 MB 3½'' (i realy need it :D )

* USB 2.0

* LAN nForce Networking Controller

* Fire Wire 400 on PCI slot

AND DVD's are connected with IDE

Did you go into disk utility and partition and format the hard disk?

I've been confused about how to install leopard or tiger, I can boot into the cd and install it but when I want to boot into either of the two OSX's I always get:

dsc00136pg7.th.jpg

am I suppose to do something before I begin installing? this pc-efi and vanilla am I suppose ot do something before I begin installing/ I have read numerous guides and they have all suggested in the past that just stick dvd in boot from disc and install and your set

All kidding aside, if you have an intel processor and an intel chipset, the RETAIL disk really is the best install. There are several good tutorials around describing how to do this with a minimum of effort...one might even be a sticky.

All kidding aside, if you have an intel processor and an intel chipset, the RETAIL disk really is the best install. There are several good tutorials around describing how to do this with a minimum of effort...one might even be a sticky.

Oko,

Macgirl and BJMoose are right. The retail method is a great method, only slighty more difficult to install, but you can say you used a retail disk and that has to count for something.

Here is where I got the info to do my install from a retail disk. It really is the best way to go.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

Also if check the link in my sig, I have bascially taken what I found in the above link and neatened it up just a bit, but I can't take credit for the info.

If you are having problems then you really ought to look at your system and not the install disk. I have used iAtkos, Kalyway, and retail DVD, and all have worked well for me. Some systems require a lot of tweaking (as evidensed by all of the post on this forum) while others just seem to work with very little effort.

I understand how Windows is builded but i havn't much expirience with Mac...

I see there will be a week for installing from retail DVD... (and it may not work!)

The OS X from retail DVD will work faster?

And BJMoose, i have NForce 650 i SLI chipset...

I wil try Kalyway's DVD and if it does not work i will think about RETAIL...

Ohh! And dual monitor on my GeForce 8600 GT will ever work on MacOS?

Thanks

Oko

There are no differences in speed with different DVD installations per se.

8600 will worj in VESA mode, QE/CI won't work on 10.5 or 10.5.1, it needs 10.5.2 Nvidia Kexts and OpenGL framework to work.

i waited DAYS downloading iatkos ... then the kaly release appeared suddenly and was well seeded. both torrents finished at the same time even if kaly just took 4 hours lol instead of days. i expected a lot of the iatkos but for me

KALY IS THE MAN

perfect DVD even if i was thinking it may be to modified. no way. its a perfect one.

the only thing uphuck/eskurza managed better is to integrate x3100 support in the installer routine so there´s no need to connect external display - but thats just a small one. iatkos does NOT work with efi/guid from installation without doin hardcore shell tweaks - kaly does.

Kaly DVD installed fine!

But when i boot into OSX86 it just restarts! I tried switches -s; -v;-x; -legacy; cpus=1 ...

Maybe i should select SSE2 engine ?

I selected both (Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla)!