Which DMG do I have?

Jynx

13 posts in this topic

Also..

When I created my install DVD awhile back, I used Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.ppf.

Today I see people using such patches as JaS.1111a.Generic.Patch.V4.2b.ppf

Now I assume JaS's patcher is new and up to date.

However, why is Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.ppf around 324MB And JaS only around 24MB.

Thanks guy.

dood i cannot understand wht ur saying. though if u download the JaS patch. There is a documnet which has the md5 checksums in it and the checksum generator. make the checksum of the .DMG u have and compare with the ones in the document. thts the best way to go.

Wow, and it runs great too, no issues but wireless.

Kinda looking forward to get the updated images when I get home from work now.

I'm been searching in the "usual places" while sitting here at work and I can barley find any still being offered anymore, or atleast anything over 5kb/s.

Yeah...best bet is to update to 10.4.3...

Search for the unpatched DVD of 10.4.3, then download Jas's latest patch and apply. This will provide more support for generic PC's, and run much faster than the 10.4.1 build...

And if you have a supported video card, you can even get QE and CoreImage working as well!

Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1 --> 10.4.1.

You need to get an original 10.4.3 DTK release, preferably the 8f1111. The actual DMGs have the version and build IN the name.

wesley, I've seen jas's patch sailing on a pirateship but i cant find your anywhere, given osx is down are they floating about anywhere else?

and can you discuss the differences between the patches, I can't find that anywhere?

(seemingly jas patch worked for some on my dell 9300)

thanks!