ATI x300 is not working!

jfgraham93

26 posts in this topic

Hey i installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Inspiron 6000 and I cant get the 128mb x300 graphics card

(id# 5460) card to get QE/CI. I can get the resolution to 1280 x 1024 but thats about it.

ive tried the koverg patch, callisto, ati script, and katana and nothing seems to be working. Ive been going at it for like a week now and i still cant get it working!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I got Leopard installed on this IBM 8113 w/ Radeon X300 card. I installed that driver, and the graphics seem slightly less glitchy. However, they are not without fault. Are there any other drivers that might work better?

Neither for me,

But, after installing callisto driver posted also by russbeck83 and booting leopard with "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024@60" it worked fine but the mouse is transparent.

russbeck83

i have the same card then you : Asus ATI Radeon x300 SE PCIe 128 MB DDR.

i notticed that your's is a patched one !! what you mean by patched .. we have to patch the graphics card bios or someting like this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well idk if this driver is for me i have the ati x300 video card and i have mac os x86 for intell pentium 4 working but the only problums are that youtube loads for 2 seconds and stops chess is locked and i only have 1 video resolution if somone could give me step by step instructions on what to do it would be apreceated thanl you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

i have inspiron 6000 and today succesfully installe 10.5.7. i did not choose any driver for it and it works

only drivers i choose are:

voodoo kernal

ac97 generic driver

icx0 ... something like that for chipset

and apple broadcom440x for ethernet

i have to buy other wireless card and replace it with internal one, i guess dell truemobile 1450

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello!

Just seeing if there's an update?

I have the dell inspiron 6000 laptop as well. I have spent two weeks trying to get QE/CI enabled. I have searched and search all manner of forums and blogs.

Please help if you can.

I have tried koverg to callisto.

I have everything working flawlessly! from audio to cd-rom (have an external wifi adapter-wasn't able to get to 10.5 iwidarwin drivers to work for the 2200 bg)

I have found that callisto b5 works best for me, perfect 1280x800 resolution!

I have 10.5.8

My video is ati x300 (m22) 5460 device id 128mb ram

Please help, I am willing to try anything at this point.

Also, if anyone has already hacked ati drivers for this model I would love for you to share them. No matter id tiger of leopard.

Thank you again!

BC