System Config File '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found error

mtotho

22 posts in this topic

I get this error when i put either iAtkos or Kalyways in (only 2 version i have). I have nothing installed.. this is the first thing that pops up before the press f8 screen and what not. Im running an asus p5b vm se, an ide dvd drive, an a 500gb fat32 sata hardrive. Intel gma x3000 gfx i think. 2gb of ram. Intel C2D 2.4ghz. What is the problem? the asus p5b vm is suppose to be very compatible with 10.5.1(i dont know about the se edition)

That message usually means the bootloader can't find the OS. I don't know about your particular board, but are you trying to install via SATA or IDE dvd drive? Do you have access to another type to try? Can you set your bios to see the controller your dvd drive is on as the opposite of what it is? Some folks have overcome this by installing from a usb dvd drive.

im on a IDE dvd drive. i looked in my bios and could not find any options for the IDE drive but perhaps with a sata dvd drive.. i have one in my other computer and i will test it out. Thanks

ok the sata dvd drive made it farther.I ran in -v. It seemed to load everything and it looked like it changed from a bios black screen with white text to a mac black screen with white text.It appears to be stuck at this part.. the last thing it says is"MAC Framework sucessfully initialized using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers IOAPIC: Version Ox20 vectors 0:23ACPI: System State [s0 s3 s4 s5] (s3)Extension "com.apple.driver.applePCIconfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernal and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style"

booting with -x also gave me the same error

• 2 weeks later...

I got that error, but I try this:

Disk utility the partition with MBR

Changed in BIOS from IDE to AHCI

No vanilla install (kalyway)

Choose mbr in boot option, not guid (kalyway)

I hope that helps, it worked for me

You don't need to buy a SATA DVD drive. Go into your BIOS and change the interface mode for your hard disk(s) to either AHCI or IDE (its probably on SATA/RAID now).

Fixed the problem for me. Also change your HPET mode to 64 bit and Virtualisation to OFF (Intel only) and then change the second one back when you finish install if you're planning on using VMWare/Parallels

I folks,

i'm kinda new here, so please, accept my appologies for my poor english as it's not my native language.

I got a P5B, and tried to install (it's my first attempt) Leopard 10.5.1 on my computer. I got the same problems as you, the "'/com.apple.boot.plist'".

My DVD drive is on IDE and all my other disks are on Sata. I planned to install OSX on the second partition of my Windows XP system disk.

I tried every bios settings here, without any succes. SO I went to a store and bought a Lacie USB2 Portable DVD player/recorder. And guess what ? It worked. For now, the install process is not totally complete, as i'm at the patching phase (after OSX first reboot).

On a side Note, i only could have my USB key and my USB DVD recognised while connected to the rear USB ports of the modo. On the fron ports it was not recognised. I don't know why.

(And for reference, i managed to install it with IDE set to AHCI, with the Jmicron disabled).

The next step for me is to patch osx, install the jmicron patch, switch back to my original motherboard settings to get Windows Working nice again, an to set up my dual boot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The P5K series from ASUS have the same problem when using an IDE DVD drive (JMicron controller). I'm hesitating to buy new hardware to just be able to *try* OSX86 on my new Core 2 Quad; is there a way to install from a USB drive? I've got a 4GB USB SDHC reader available. Otherwise, could VMWare be the solution?