iNerd Tech Forums (v2)

(MoC)

11 posts in this topic

After reading some opinions from people, I decided with Think Mark (he really contributed to the site :)) to go and put iNerd on a dedi. Now we are running SMF and everything works faster than ever with an extremely cool futuristic skin. But there is only one problem, all the people who joined earlier must join again due to not being able to convert PHPBB 3.0 to SMF 1.14. So now we need this community to row and expand with new members. Oh, we also need some of your opinions, they will be greatly considered. Below are old accts needing to be re registered and open positions.

inerdtech.com (the forum)

Re Register

~pcwiz

Microsoft Whiz

The open positions currently are for the news team!

MasterOfComputers,

I am so glad that you decided to switch to SMF. I was using phpBB earlier like you but it was slow and dreary and switched to SMF and its a lot better. Also I can't tell you how much better the site looks! The Enterprise theme by Bloc looks fantastic, and I see you've also gotten rid of the annoying GoDaddy Banner Ads. Great job!

Also, I reregistered with the username:

pcwiz

So could you give me my admin and guru priveleges please :)

Awesome work

pcwiz

EDIT:

Something looks wrong with the Administrator profile:

Think Mark

iNerd Administarator

iNerd Administartor

iNerd Guru

MasterOfComputers,

I am so glad that you decided to switch to SMF. I was using phpBB earlier like you but it was slow and dreary and switched to SMF and its a lot better. Also I can't tell you how much better the site looks! The Enterprise theme by Bloc looks fantastic, and I see you've also gotten rid of the annoying GoDaddy Banner Ads. Great job!

Also, I reregistered with the username:

pcwiz

So could you give me my admin and guru priveleges please :D

Awesome work

pcwiz

EDIT:

Something looks wrong with the Administrator profile:

Think Mark

iNerd Administarator

iNerd Administartor

iNerd Guru

I'll fix those things on the 'morrow because I already had to deal with other issues.The site got hacked while I was gone by a turkish team. They messed up the index and some other things by putting "Haxed by STX - Turkish Hackers" in some core files. Lucky I had backups. I changed the passes for all admin stuffs (now as long as hell!!!) and put a trace on every suspicious activity-ing IPs.

@ skyhighmac: Thank You

Also, I made a iNerd Userbar by myself in Photoshop (way better than userbarmaker!!) :blink::(:thumbsup_anim:

post-50493-1198979098_thumb.jpg

Its not "spamming". He's just asking for opinions about his forum, theres nothing wrong with that. Lots of people ask for feedback in this forum (after all, it is called "Web & Graphical Design" :P) and it works out. Its not promoting or spamming. Back to topic.

I found this thread by Think Mark:

My website, www.iNerdTech.com is low on members, as its new, but i want a better design and a front page full of news, similar to the one for InsanelyMac.com. my website is php, and don't want to fork out for IPB, could anybody give me a decent guide on how to put my website on SMF and installer Wordpress... PLEASE.

Think Mark

Well I guess SMF and a better design are done. But if you want Wordpress installed, I can do it :)

EDIT: Think Mark refers to it as "my website" ;) MasterOfComputers are you the same person as Think Mark? Sorry, just curious ;)

Its not "spamming". He's just asking for opinions about his forum, theres nothing wrong with that. Lots of people ask for feedback in this forum (after all, it is called "Web & Graphical Design" :P) and it works out. Its not promoting or spamming. Back to topic.

I found this thread by Think Mark:

Well I guess SMF and a better design are done. But if you want Wordpress installed, I can do it :)

EDIT: Think Mark refers to it as "my website" ;) MasterOfComputers are you the same person as Think Mark? Sorry, just curious :D

No, we are two different people. I do not know why he did that, but it's ok, at least it was for a good cause. I'm now gonna go and do the permissions now!

@skyhighmac: Do you think you can do the news for the wordpress?

@colonel: If it was SPAM it would be all over the news areas and in bad english, probably trying to sell you something. I am here, a computer nerd like the thousands on InsanelyMac, but with a dream; to build a forum about the topic. And the users from imf helped me to accomplish this goal!

Its not "spamming". He's just asking for opinions about his forum

At the end of the day, if he wanted opinions he'd have said "Tell me what you think about xxxx.com". Instead, he's released news updates about his website, appealed for more staff members, and asked people to (re)register.

Find something unique about your website/forum that no one else has and people will come to it.