Asus Laptop Owners

glitchbit

47 posts in this topic

For you guys looking to get both cores working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry650994

Worked great on G1S-B2...

Anyone have a trick to get battery meter? One of the last things I have to get going.

Edit: Found out I was missing a kext (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext) and inside that kext the dependency needs to point to the current version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext in use.

• 1 month later...

I've got an Asus F8SN laptop, which is currently running 10.5.2 using Leo4allv3.

it will like most other Asus notebooks only boot with the cpus=1 flag. I have no video, audio, or wireless right now but i've just finally got it sucessfully booting so no tinkering done yet, and I am a gigantic newb so that could take some time.

I've messed around with the advice and added/removed far too many kext files from various threads around here due to the horrible ACPI errors every which way so I can't actually give any explanation on how it finally got working, so if I manage to figure that out i'll post it.

Asus R1F Tablet:

Succesfully installed with iAtkos v.1.0ir3 distro. Originally tried iAtkos v.2.0i but crashed on bootup when kernel loaded. Experienced the same thing when I tried to update Leopard in 1.0ir3 from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 so I suspect that it's the OS version that is at issue. So I am currently stuck at 10.5.1. I plan to image the drive today and try 10.5.3, which just came out. I don't expect it to work.

Working:

Leopard 10.5.1

NTFS read (from fresh install) and write (via macFuse and NTFS-3G_1.2506 driver)

Wacom Pen (via Wacom PenTablet_503-3 driver)

Sound (haven't checked line-in but line out is clear

Bluetooth (sort of. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes works fine, other times not available. May have something to do with how it was last set in Windows? I can occasionally run my Asus BT mouse on it)

Display (no rotate though)

Wired Ethernet

NOT Working:

Leopard 10.5.2 update

Intel Wireless 3945abg (this is a big suprise since this is one of the most popular wireless chipsets)

Adobe CS3 Master Collection (couldn't get this to run without messy cracks, which I don't care for since the apps can't be updated, and they don't all work)

finger scanner (no big deal)

display rotation (This one is frusturating because apparently Leopard can rotate "supported" displays (ATI based) , and once offered the functionality to force other adapters to do the same, but then removed the capability. If anyone knows a solution I'd love to hear it.)

hi there!

i got a ASUS Z84F

C2D 1.83GHz

intel 945gm

i got a freze whene trying to install with kalway

ave try -v   -x   and cpus=1

every try i have do result are a freze whene loading kernel:DARWIN KERNEL VERSION 9.0.2 etc.

something for this?

• 3 weeks later...

This is the trick for have a VGA out WORKING on my mac box:

- download and install PlistEditPro from here

- then with PlistEditPro modify the Info.plist in NVinject.kext (the value to edit is in IOKitPersonalities -> NVinject -> entriesToAdd -> NVCAP) changing the NVCAP value with this value of a 15" MacBook Pro 8600M GT 256Mb:

040101010e0001000e0000000000010b00000000

- save, repair permission and reboot with -v -f options

:( and the second display this time finally work (before i got both two blank screen when i was trying to detect external display)

Don't edit Info.plist with a text editor or vi, doesn't work because the nvcap value isn't in clear text and you need a program like plistedit or with xcode tools from apple!

Well that did it. You fixed the last big thing that was bothering my Dell 1520. Now I got dual monitor working and perfect resolution on my external 1650x1050 monitor. I can't wait to test my HDTV. Thanks again

and to Tente too for steering me this way.

Asus R1E-C1 will not boot. Reaches about 10 seconds into boot and does reboot. Here are specs:

ASUS R1E-C1 Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.50GHz), 13.3" WXGA (1280x800), 3GB DDR2 Memory, 250GB Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi Drive, Mobile Intel GM965 Graphics Media Accelerator

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Hello,

So far i have been unable to successfully install Leopard on my ASUS U1F :(

First i tried iatkos v.1.0i and could get to the installation part, but then after installing and rebooting, the partition would not boot (after being set active and boot in gparted).

Then i tried kalyway, which doesn't even get to the installation part, instead it tries to boot from the DVD and at the end it just gives a garbled screen.

see the crappy picture taken with the cellphone:

imagen071om5.th.jpg

The disk is partitioned as follows:

1 recovery partition Vista business

1 empty partition

1 ext3 & 1 linux swap partition (currently ubuntu linux mint is on it and I'd like to keep it).

Any ideas? Anyone had success with this laptop?

hi,

i have this ASUS u1f Notebook too, but with the same problems? (Vertical Lines after GMA 950 Driver)

Do you fix this problem. Or solve it another one of the community?

Thank You....

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I Had Entire Success ( to an extent) with an acer aspire 5920 (not G)

1. intel core 2 duo dual core 2.00ghz (Both cores work perfectly)

2. 4gb 667mhz sd ram

3. 250GB HDD

4. Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8

5. 15.4" glossy anti-reflective screen wxga 1280x800x32

6. 2.1ch. in built dolby enhanced speakers w/ 5.1 ch. output (in-built mic's do not work) (input works perfectly including mic input)

7. Broadcom bdm43xx ABG wi-fi Airport

8. bluetooth 2.0

9. Intel GMA X3100 GPU w/ 144mb memory / S-video & VGA Out

10. DVD Burner

11. VGA Acer Crystal eye Webcam ( device works with external app)

12. 4x USB 2.0 Ports

13. Broadcom BCM 58xx Ethernet

14. Firewire 400

15. PS/2 Synaptics Trackpad (w/ 2 finger scrolling & Horizontal / Vertical) and acer keyboard (works) w/ Acer Media touch-(does not work)

i had replaced the screen, wi-fi card (used to be intel 3945 abg) & power input jack cable myself so

Everything i need is working

yay

if you need help contact me at gabecm@live.com.au (yes live hotmail works in os x mail)