MY PERFECT KALYWAY 10.5.1 INSTALL - DETAILS INSIDE

vlad1966

14 posts in this topic

I am so psyched about this! :D I need to do some more testing by installing some software, but so far everything rocks!

If this runs well with Adobe CS3 apps, Toast 8, games, etc. I'll build myself another Hack! I was going to buy a new Mac Pro

once they are announced @ MW '08, but I'll save myslef @ least $1k if I build another high-end Hack.

First, some general info:

- I was running a 10.4.10 install off one of my Samsung 500GB HDDs, which seemed alot slow than Kalyway running off my

WD 750GB HDD. Don't know if it's the different OS, but I suspect it's mostly due to the faster WD HDD.

- In 10.4.10, I used to get this pain-in-the-ass bug - My Finder windows would quit every 2 to 3 times I tried copying, right-clicking,

or accessing in any way my files. WTF is that? If anyone knows what this problem is, I'd be curious to know.

On to my Kalyway install ;) :

- I set my SATA & IDE controllers in my Bios to IDE mode instead of AHCI (ICH9-R & JMB383)

No worries - I booted Kalyway off my SATA DVD-RW perfectly & both HDDs & optical drives recognized perfectly after install

as exactly what they are.

- I did F8 during the boot from the DVD, then I did the -v vanilla flags (booting in verbose mode & to install vanilla kernel)

- Partitioned my main HDD with 1 GUID partition

- Chose Vanilla_Kernel & Vanilla_ACPI_fix

- Chose NATIT_nVidia drivers for video

- Chose HDA_ALC883 drivers for sound (even though I have ALC888)

- Didn't choose networking - my Ethernet chip detected by default)

- Chose GUID EFI Bootloader

After install, I applied this method (see below) to get my Sound to work (ALC888).ALC888Audio_ICH9Working.txt

So now, I have Leopard 10.5.1 with Internet, sound, & video working!!!

Couple of details on previously lousy Kalyway 10.5.1 installs:

- My HDDs were showing up as removeable drives - orange, & you could actually eject them in the Finder's sidebar! WTF!

Now (since I chose IDE in the BIOS) they show up with the standard Apple HDD icon & no option to eject in the Finder.

- Sound: couldn't get it to work before, maybe because of the "Azalia_out" option I chose in previous install?

Leopard is SOOOOOOOO much better than Tiger, not only in appearance either. I could never go back to Tiger now, or Micro{censored}

Windows for that matter.

PS: I tried iATKOS, even the updated R2 version - what a waste of time! It installs OK, but doesn't soft Shutdown or Restart.

I will post some screen shots of ASP shortly . . .

PPS: I'd like to send a big THANK YOU! out to Kalyway & everyone here on this forum - I've learned about 95% of everything I

know about Hackintosh @ this great site :)

ALC888Audio_ICH9Working.txt

Here are some screen shots of ASP:

PS: the only thing that doesn't work is sleep. It goes to sleep, but doesn't wake up. No biggie.

post-112115-1198622464_thumb.jpg

hi... I spent several hours last night to make a fresh install Kalyway but no success.

here is my spec:

core2duo 6550

gigabyte P35 DS4

1x Seagate 250G SATA HD

1x Pioneer SATA Burner

XFX 256M 7300GT Video Card

The only thing different from your method is that I booted off with AHCI enabled. But after installed it rebooted and stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool........"

So I have to install in IDE mode??

And do I need to set the GUID partiton active in the terminal during installation??

Many thanks!

pixelshaders - It will go to sleep, but can't wake.

la_mer - AHCI or IDE shouldn't matter - the only difference is how the HDDs will look (internal or removeable) & act (ejectable in Finder if AHCI).

I believe you need to tweek a BIOS setting with that" Verifying DMI pool" problem. Set the following in your BIOS & you should be OK:

Let me check . . .

OK - BIOS:

I can't remember exactly which setting it is, but most important I think is to go under your CPU Options & for Execute Disable Bit, choose "Enable".

Also, Thermal Control: "Enable"

Under your Power Management Section:

ACPI Suspend Time: "S3"

Resume by USB from S3: "Enable"

That should do it for you.

Also, you shouldn't need to mess with Terminal - I didn't with Kalyway. During the Kalyway install, you can choose EFI under bootloader as one

of the options before you press the install button.

Hello I just finised install Mac OS X Leopard by Kalyway version 1.5.1 but I have a boot problem.

On this diskI have first one partition with NTFS type and after that I have installed Leopard. The problem becomes when It should to boot. It doesn't and I don't know what to do for fix this problem. Anybody can help me ?

My hardware are this:

HDD Western Digital 200GB Caviar.

nVidia GeForce 8600 GT XFX

Q6600@3000Mhz

Asus P5k Deluxe Wi-Fi/AP

Thank You.

EDIT: I installed it successfully but when appears Darwin to choose my Mac partiton, start boot and after 4 o 5 seconds reboot my PC. What I should do to fix this problem ?

Thanks.

hi... I spent several hours last night to make a fresh install Kalyway but no success.

here is my spec:

core2duo 6550

gigabyte P35 DS4

1x Seagate 250G SATA HD

1x Pioneer SATA Burner

XFX 256M 7300GT Video Card

The only thing different from your method is that I booted off with AHCI enabled. But after installed it rebooted and stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool........"

So I have to install in IDE mode??

And do I need to set the GUID partiton active in the terminal during installation??

Many thanks!

I installed in AHCI mode with no problem. My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 v.2, and 10.5.1 is running great on it so far...

"I am so psyched about this! I need to do some more testing by installing some software, but so far everything rocks!

If this runs well with Adobe CS3 apps, Toast 8, games, etc. I'll build myself another Hack! I was going to buy a new Mac Pro

once they are announced @ MW '08, but I'll save myslef @ least $1k if I build another high-end Hack."

Hey vlad1966, it's fun to play with the OS, but you should still buy a Mac (even a mini) as Apple produced such a good product we all come to love. With Garbagesoft, I don't give a F%&$, but please don't short change Apple. ;)

• 2 months later...

plz!! i need help too!!! i have install the kalyway 10.5.1 and everything palys ok sound network but nvidia geforce 7300 LE dosn't work good it recognise as vesa 256 and the only setting is about 1024x768 i've try NVinject and natit and titan but when i reboot the screen turns to black!!! i am a newbie plz help me!!!thnx!!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone know the bios settings for Gigabyte G31M-ES2L?

I am going to try and install kalyway 10.5.1 on my machine.

If anyone has tried it using this board please let me know.

ps my specs are:

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

Intel Pentium Dual Core Processer

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT.

Thanks in Advance,

c99under. ;)

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my optiplexgx280. All is working well except the NIC card. Funny thing is that i am able to browse files on my LAN but not able to get online on internet. In short, i am not able to browse internet. Can anyone help me on this?

Hello,

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my optiplexgx280. All is working well except the NIC card. Funny thing is that i am able to browse files on my LAN but not able to get online on internet. In short, i am not able to browse internet. Can anyone help me on this?

I was installing Kalyway 10.5.2 onto my Laptop and NOW I post to a screen saying "No OS Found"

Installation completed successfully prior to restarting, but clearly something to do with the boot partition on the HDD has been *exploded*

Any fixes for this?

Ones that don't require dual booting or starting from square one.

I CAN hook it up externally to another computer...but I'd prefer fixes that are self contained.