Strange "About this Mac" / System Profiler data (Kalyway 10.5.1)

mdg

12 posts in this topic

I have and Asus P5K Wifi Deluxe with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (stock speed of 2.13)

I have it OC'd to 3.2 Ghz (400x8). Works like a champ at 1.3625 volts and 4-4-4-12 ram timings.

I get this strange info, however...any help/thoughts (see attached)?

Thanks,

/mdg.

post-56202-1198599561_thumb.jpg

post-56202-1198599580_thumb.jpg

at darwin boot options, boot with fsb=(actual cpu fsb)/4

eg: fsb=333

when ur cpu fsb is 1333Mhz

if ur computer reports correct speed after u boot, then change it permanently in boot.plist under kernel flags.

I tried fsb=266 but the results were the same (still above info). I am OC'ing, but I've never had problems getting the right information while OC'ing other motherboards....

/mdg.

Is it really such a big thing to see this false info here? Is it worth the work to patsch plists and kexts just for having the correct info in the "about" dialog? If its is running with the correct speed (and you can check that with some benchmarks if you feel it is running not as supposed) its relly irrelevant what is displayed.

Just my two cents...

Is it really such a big thing to see this false info here? Is it worth the work to patsch plists and kexts just for having the correct info in the "about" dialog? If its is running with the correct speed (and you can check that with some benchmarks if you feel it is running not as supposed) its relly irrelevant what is displayed.

Just my two cents...

No big deal at all, to your point, just interesting and I wonder why? :(

I just tried bumping up the OC to 3.4 Ghz, and the info showed is still exactly the same...no changes. The machine is running well on the E6420 @ 3.4 Ghz...I get an Xbench of (see below): :D

post-56202-1198845085_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I've been running stable at 3.33 @ 1.35V with no difference in performance from 3.4 but at less power, so I now have it running at 3.33 Mghz...About this mac and System Profiler still say the same thing, however...

• 2 weeks later...
be happy, we dont have cpus running that fast

UPDATE: Got it fixed by updating the BIOS.

post-56202-1200275254_thumb.jpg

Now how do I fix the rest...has anyone been able to get the "Processor Features" to come up under Kalyway 10.5.1. We had these in 10.4.x :)

Thanks,

/mdg.

• 3 weeks later...

Similar board same issue.

p5k-e wifi

E6750

overclocked to 3.37GHz according to bios

system profiles claims 16.93GHz (wow)

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: Mac Pro

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @

Processor Speed: 16.93 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Processor Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: Hack.88Z.int.0sh.061193037 (American Megatrends Inc.)

What in bios did you do?

My About this Mac tells me I have 18GB 55438Mhz RAM ;)

I have 2 :)

I had a FoxConn P965 board that I ended up junking (because it sucked for alot of different reasons, including if you updated the BIOS to the most recent, you lost AHCI mode entirely, and overclocking sucked) which said the same thing - it saw 2x1GB in the slots, then "ghosted" 2x8GB in the two empty slots. Didn't cause any problems directly, that I know of.