iATKOS 1.0i Issuses (Post Here)

Badie05

14 posts in this topic

I have recently downloaded, burnt and installed the iATKOS 1.0i DVD. It worked perfectly except a couple things. First time I tried loading the disc I would get a circle with a cross through it. I was later told that it meant "Still waiting for root device." I fixed this by going into my Motherboards BIOS. Set my Second Hard drive (Leopard installed here) from SATA to AHCI. I installed quickly and made an account, everything basically worked.

Problem 1: I wanted to boot Leopard without the disc and not always using Darwin and typing "rd=disk01s"

So i downloaded the "gparted-livecd-0.3.4-11.iso" and burned it. I loaded the disc and entered the Gparted Partition Manager (or whatever it's called). Looked at my second drive and right clicked it and chose Flag. I checked in Boot, since I read something saying I needed Boot Flag. I restarted and tried entering Mac via the disc. I got the "Still waiting for root device." This was weird since I still had my HDD set at AHCI. So I went into my BIOS and chose IDE. (BTW if you can tell me the advantages or disadvantages of AHCI or IDE which is faster and so on ;)) It still didn't work in IDE. So I used the Gparted Live CD again and turned off unchecked "Boot" under the flags menu.i Tried it again. Still nothing. How would I get it to load once again and how can I dual Boot my system? I got Vista on my 1st disc and 2nd disc has iATKOS. I heard something about the Darwin Bootloader which should be installed. Help?

Problem 2: Before Problem 1 occured, I was playing with Leopard. I noticed that in the when I tried changing the resolution, there was only 1. It certainly looks hideous. I have downloaded both "Latest_NVinject_0.1.7-Leo" and "G80Installer". Do I need both. My GFX card is the 8800GTS 320MB.

Problem 3: Worst of all. My internet doesn't work on Leopard. How can I set it up. Very lost here.

Thanks a lot for the support. Just seeing that Mac Logo on a PC made me shriek like a little girl. I love the OSX86 project and InsanelyMac. Thanks to Uphuck for a wonderful release. I will be checking this thread every couple minutes (really want to get these problems sorted)

Alright. I'm sure i'm probably the only person that is having this issue (Using the iAtkos v1.0i iso)

It won't {censored} boot.

I've tried two different burns I've done. It detects the DVD in there, I hit a key, it says "Loading Darwin..." It gets to the grey Apple screen with the spinning.... thing, and then it gets to the log-in screen for my account and the guest account. I log in, it detects the mounted DVD, if I double click on it, hit restart, it restarts and follows the same {censored} and I get to the log-in window... Again.

Anyone?

i just posted this on uphuk´s forum

i had the jas tiger 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.10 running smooooth.. erased all that to make a clean leopard install ;)

after gparted and changed some bios setup, got iatkos working on my P5L-MX w/GMA950

everything runs out of the box sound/net/graphic QE/CI ok

but i get some graphic bugs like little square pieces of screen duplicated, many mouse pointers (almost like the windows95 effect).. and all animations are slow like missing frames i dont really know how to say it in english but coverflow, genie effect, sapaces, dock, exposé are slow when i have some windows open.. everything is fine when i close all windows.

i cant set the os language to spanish.. did they take off the language packs?

apart from that great release..

from argentina (sorry the bad english)

the extra cursors dont show up in this captures.. dont know why

post-106124-1198472301_thumb.jpg

post-106124-1198472581_thumb.png

Yeah, I also have that. At first I thought this is because of permission problems, but that seems to be not the case. Don't know what causes this problem. Using a Gigabyte GA-P965-DS4 rev. 3.3, S-ATA-HDD and no pc_efi.

I installed this on my Dell 8400. I only had a couple of very minor issues -

1) ATIinject didn't set my x1600 Pro correctly - it simply took a couple of edits to correct this.

2) Abotu this Mac posted incorrect vid card ram (256 vs the 512 I have installed). A permission repair fixed this.

All in all, this is one of the nicest Mac OS installs I've done - it rivals the great install DVDs created by Jas.

i am a newbie when it comes to leopard x86 andi have installed iATKOS on an external western digital hard drive and it wont boot. i installed the darwin boot loader and installed iATKOS and when i go to boot, nothing happens. it worked for a friend of mine without any trouble. any answers?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey I have had the same exact sort of problem. I am trying to dual boot with Windows XP 2003 and OS X. I recently tried Kalyway which failed miserably. Ive been doin research on this for about a month and started in the begining of february with iatkos. the installer started fine unlike Kalyway but after i install it comes up with the screen with the mac and a circle with a line through over the apple. when i tried diffferent boot codes it does the same thing and says still waiting for root device. I HAVE tried a hundred different installation options and im not sure what i can do now. If anybody has any ideas that could help in any way please e-mail me

jondeegs@gmail.com

thanks

• 4 months later...